• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Election Results

Are you happy with the results of this election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am pro-NDP (I am acutally a member of the federal NDP for about 3 years), and am one of the few within the NDP that supports increasing funding to the DND so it can get more equipment and troops to do its peacekeeping missions. But I am happy with the results as they came in. Plenty for us NDP'ers to be happy about.

" supports increasing funding to the DND so it can get more equipment and troops to do its peacekeeping missions."

- What about our combat mission?

Tom

TCBF said:
" supports increasing funding to the DND so it can get more equipment and troops to do its peacekeeping missions."

- What about our combat mission?

Tom

And of course, when the world situation and the UN says we have to get involved and shoot our way to protect lives and world peace, the combat mission as well.

"And of course, when the world situation and the UN says we have to get involved and shoot our way to protect lives and world peace, the combat mission as well."

- Are you going to allow a bunch of dictators and tyrants in the UN to dictate our foriegn policy?

Tom

Piper said:
You like having the UN dictate what your country can and cannot do? Especially considering (a la TCBF's comments) that it is heavily populated with reps from banna republics and other such places that really hold no real power in the world...except in the useless muddle of uselessness that is the UN?

Isn't the UN a committee of dictators?  What % have any kind of elections eh.

Don't remember the League of Nations ever authorizing WWII,..... Some could say we participated in an illegal war?

I view it differently.

Im a weird mix of pro-conservatism and  pro green (via their environmental policy)...But when i get to vote it would 99.99% be conservative. I'm pretty happy about the change but im dispointed its not a majority.

UBIQUE!!!

I am definetly pro conservative, however in a way I am glad that they only got a minority government. That way they can't change our healthcare system. But at the same time I am disappointed that they didn't get a majority because now it might be hard to get some more funding/people into the Forces.

"That way they can't change our healthcare system."

- Well, somebody better change it. 

Tom

RangerRay said:
You like Soviet-style health care?

What do you mean? I don't see the problem with medicare. Could someone please explain this to me?

civvy3840 said:
What do you mean? I don't see the problem with medicare. Could someone please explain this to me?

Big cost, crap service, and people dying on waiting lists. All this despite a good supply of excellent nurses and doctors and good hospitals. We could have SO much more for what it costs. The bleeding off of money from this system is disgusting - it is the economical equivelant of a shotgun blast to the stomach at 4 feet.

I was thrilled with the results, I believe that this is just a stepping stone to a conservative majority government. The East has a tendency to view anything out of the West as something which is bent on destroying Eastern ideal and throwing the country into a tailspin. Harper certainly has a few Western ideals that may not sit well in the East (ex: senate reform, tax and social reform), but by an large he is not going to be doing anything which could be considered earth shattering. I see the conservatives forming a responsible, centrist government, which will win over many of the doubters in the East. Just as happened in Diefenbakers government, and next election we will have a majority conservative government, it will take something big on the conservative end for them to lose terribly in the next election.

More than pleased with the election results, would have preffered a majority, but as mentioned before, I think this is a stepping stone for a Conservative majority.

"What do you mean? I don't see the problem with medicare. Could someone please explain this to me?"

1995, son not reacting well to sound.  Book appointment, told no hearing testing until 2 yrs old (a lie).
1995 Posted.
1996, Posted again, same issues, son now two, try for a speech path. appointment.  Told to wait 18 months, or pay 75$ and go in two weeks - we pay $75.
Told we need an audiology appt, wait 15 months, or pay $95 - we pay $95.  Two weeks later, son at Montreal children's hospital, and was fitted for hearing aides three days after that.  Son now has choclear implant. 

Point is:  I was allowed acces to a two-tier health care system and I spent my own money to have my son taken care of sooner.  When I did this, people below me on the lines got to bump up one notch.

Also, I helped keep Health Care proffessionals in Canada.  The govt was using them two days a week.  The other three days, they went private - what did we expect them to do?  Work at Macdonalds?

But, why was I allowed access to two tier health care?

BECAUSE WE LIVED IN QUEBEC!  :D

And Quebec had - and still has - two tier health care.

But, you aren't allowed to know that, and you aren't allowed to do that elsewhere in Canada.

So, now that the truth is out....

Do you really thgink Harper is a threat to Health Care?

:D

Tom

Nielsen_Noetic said:
I was thrilled with the results, I believe that this is just a stepping stone to a conservative majority government. The East has a tendency to view anything out of the West as something which is bent on destroying Eastern ideal and throwing the country into a tailspin. Harper certainly has a few Western ideals that may not sit well in the East (ex: senate reform, tax and social reform), but by an large he is not going to be doing anything which could be considered earth shattering. I see the conservatives forming a responsible, centrist government, which will win over many of the doubters in the East. Just as happened in Diefenbakers government, and next election we will have a majority conservative government, it will take something big on the conservative end f or them to lose terribly in the next election.quote]Nielson-Noetic i work in your province alot, me an the boys down here know what people think of us out there.We here it on your radiostation C100 The Bear the shit house wall at work etc.etc.My fav title is eastern bums and creeps i think King Ralph himself coined that one.Anyway heres my thoughts on how the Tories could win down here ,from some of yer comments.Senate reform ,get rid of them.Tax break,everybody needs a break.Social reform,the one everybody thinks we love and are hated the most for.If social reforms are slached worse than they are now what are the tories gonna do forced migration to the camps out west.Heres a thought start promotin the develpment of the natural resourse off the east coast ,the Liebrals woundn't.Personnly im sick of goin to Ont or out west to work,so are several other 1000's of tradesmen union and nonunion.Alas maybe that could be part of the problem of developing the east. The shortage of skilled tradesmen.My point,if things start here whos goin to finish the big jobs out there.In other words there ain't enough skilled workers to go around.Witch mean big financial loses to coys out there ex 2000 Irving refiery 3000 men stayed home to work.Tarsands coys got pissed failed alot of east coast welders during weld tests.Starved us alittle for stayin home sorta speak.With Ont goin pretty good you will never see the east being developed we are a migratory work force for there an Abta.Until things start developin here the tories aint got a chance if all they want a do is starve us.PS Diefenbaker is dead the times and problems have changed get with the times.That turned into a bit of a rant,but a lot of us creeps and bums are sick of the anti east rehtoric.Im sure u folks will have fun pickin this apart.Some day maybe'' THE EAST WILL RISE AGAIN''  HAHA

Shit screwed up onthe reply above oneday i'll master how to reply with the quote in the reply doaaa.

Here, I'll teach you:

[quote=Me]
Look, I know how to quote stuff!
[/quote]

Ends up looking like:

Me said:

Clear as mud?

Also, try hitting the "preview" button, it saves you from posting a half-formed abortion of a quote, and gives you the chance to fix it before hitting the "post" button.

48Highlander said:
Here, I'll teach you:

[quote=Me]
[/quote]

Ends up looking like:

Clear as mud?

Also, try hitting the "preview" button, it saves you from posting a half-formed abortion of a quote, and gives you the chance to fix it before hitting the "post" button.

- How's this?

Tom

Back