• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EME Common Course

• Thread starter Brent Cross
  • Start date
B

Brent Cross

Can anyone give me any info on the EME Common course? It will probably be the next course I take and I was wondering where it is usually held and how long it usually is?

In Alberta, for the past couple of years, the EME common course was run by one of the two service battalions. If there were candiates from other cities, then the course was on weekends. If only local students, then some training was on Weds night.

Apparantley they will be running an EME course during the summer because there are many techs in who are awaiting it before they can take their QL3‘s Apparantley the course is very easy ...this is a hammer this is a nail etc...

EME Common is simply a core course that all EME trades must complete prior to their three‘s. The course consists of EME history, common hand tools and basic skills such as silver soldering, etc. In the reg force members complete a metalurgy project but not sure about the reserves courses.

Many people find this course fairly easy but there are some that have never worked with tools at all or done any mechanical type work.

As for where they are being run locally, ask your unit.

Hey brin i dont know much about the metalurgy project but im sure i will find out about that soon

Our course‘s project was a pen holder where the base was a rectangle of aluminum and the pen holder parts were five sided aluminum stock drilled out to accomodate the pens. All the parts within exact measurements and specifications (all angles exactly right angles, etc.). Some other people I know have done small cannons out of brass which look much nicer when done. I still have my pen holder, looking at it right now.

Back