• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EME Common?

S

Smackey

I heard from the ADJ last parraid night that the EME Common course is now 42? (can't remember exact number) days long. can anyone confirm?

Being a reservist this is going to be somewhat problematic considering i just got 2 new V Techs, and right now i don't see how they could possibly complete the course with both of them being in university.

If this is true i guess we won't be sending them on their 3's this summer  :-\

I haven't heard of any changes.  I will ask around tonight.

In the old system(REG) CET was 4 wks and CETT was 4 wks.When the war fighting training was removed and all EME troops had to take the SQ,the CET was reduced to 5 days classroom and 1 day ex.This was combined with CETT to make what is now reffered to as CET.
So assuming the REG and RESERVE CET are the same things(CFSEME likes its total force concept)then the 42 day training cycle would seem correct.
On the brite side with that 42 day course you are getting the 2 qualifications out of the way.
Arte Et Marte

Have you considered running the CET in house?With all the distance learning going on in the military today it should'nd be to hard.
I know the service batt. in my old hometown(Brin can back me up on this)(33)used to run  the CETT portion in june prior to trades training.
Now I'm not sure if this was a famil or the complate course,but in house training might be the way to go.As long as the brigade and standarts OK it it should'nd be to hard.

in house might be the way to go, i'll look into it thanks gun plumber

EME Common has been in house, here, for a couple of years now.

same here right now were running an eme common that is ...i believe 6 weekends long.

Back