• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer QL3

Benoit

Inactive
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
Hey guys I was thinking about joining the engineers however I was woundering about the course. For example For regular force I am awear that the course is appx 20 weeks long but do you have to live in the shacks for that period of time with inspections every morning all that good jazz or is it a be at the school for 0630 type of deal . I was just woundering that because living in the shacks for that lenght of time has to affect the troops moral or make you in to a hard soldier :p thanks in advance

Well yes you do have to live in the shacks for the first few weeks (confined to barracks). Then, if your have wife and kids and appartment... you may be able to live off base for the reminder of the course. BUT, if it's the case ,you still ahve to show up for inspections in the shacks (yes you have a designated bunk till the end of the course).

The normal scenario is: shacks for the duration of the course, inspection every morning, polishing the brass in your corridor (doors kick plates.....). It is not an easy course.

try to get more info from personnel who worked at CFSME.

I was an instructor at CFSME for 3 years ( 2001-2004) if you have any questions you can't find aswers to by doing a serch, PM me.

hey how is going, I was on my reg. force QL3's in 2001 & we had guys on the course that would go home for the night (if we were off c.b.) and would show up for the inspections at zero dark stupid in the morning. and the only thing they would have to do was the station jobs like everyone that had to live there did & there kit layout
:cdn:

Is the Engineer QL3 course what was formerly called the Jr NCO course?
If so, my father took this course while with the RCE in the mid-1950's.

Veterans son said:
Is the Engineer QL3 course what was formerly called the Jr NCO course?
No.  QL3 was the basic engineer training.  The Jr NCO was the first leadership course of an NCO (taken some time after a QL3).

Back