• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineer Stories From Germany

Flash back to 88 or 89...GOC's.  We all were lined up in front of the carriers (I was a troopie then), pitch black out.  7:30am, the old man shows up.  Starts walking down the line, the BRSM walking behind the carriers to look at the kit.  The general comes to our recce, which I believe was Sgt. (PO) Lockhart, and Cpl Gary Reddic.  Gary is a big black fella, stood about 6'3" ish.  General looks at Gary and askes: "You play football son?" Without skipping a beet, Gary answers: "Hell no sir, that's a white man's sport!" 
The entire troop broke up laughing! 
It was the best GOC we ever had!

For yous who want to know...Gord is now a reservist working at CFSME as the caretaker of Austier village! ;D

Hello all you thumperheads!  Big Al from Winnipeg here.  I typed in Podzorski on Yahoo and the 49th page of the search showed this site.  If Any of you former combat engineers are bored then drop me a line.  I may not remember your name but if you send a pic I probably will.

I got out in 96 and work at the Red River College in Winnipeg.  So drop a line sometime and we'll chat.

Cheers

I don't know what's more surprising, that there are 49 pages of search results for 'podzorski', or that you looked at them all.

I remember doing a T-breach in Wilflichen thru a ditch filled with water myself in the middle Lyndon Laube on the right bank and Sgt Wiegert on the left bank ant the ditch had about 5 inches of water in it all you could see of me was my face and the tip of the barrel of the C-9 with the bi-pod extended to the max, all i could feel was the water running into my sleeve and out my pant leg was in that ditch for 20 min felt like hours so cold.

Back