• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Preet3203 said:
I was wondering the length presec would take for an applicant living in the US.

"If a Clearance Pre-Assessment is required, it can take between 6 to 18 months to complete."
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100

PRESEC
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca++presec&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=g3wlV4XAK6mC8QewzY5w&gws_rd=ssl

Preet3203 said:
I lived in the USA for 10 years

Preet3203 said:
applicant living in the US.

You did, or you do,  live outside Canada?

Preet3203 said:
Hi, I am an applicant to the Pres and I need to undergo PRESEC clearance because I lived in the USA for 10 years (at the same address). I was wondering the length presec would take for an applicant living in the US. Also if it would help should I print out a criminal record check from the Washington State Patrol? (I have criminal record) Thanks.

If you haven't done it yet, go get your criminal record check from the FBI. More than likely, you are going to be requested for and submit your American criminal record check.

Hello, I want to apply for an engineer position in the army. I am a Canadian but working in the US for the past 15 years via the NAFTA permit.  I cross the Canada-US border every year to get a new working permit. I have been living in the US for so long, I don't know if I can get the Reliability Status as required.  Any idea?

Wally88 said:
I have been living in the US for so long, I don't know if I can get the Reliability Status as required. Any idea?

Security Check/Level Superthread (incl dual citizenship) - Check Here First 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12875.0
25 pages.

See also,

Security Clearance - ERC - Enhanced Reliability Check
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1399.0
9 pages.

Reliability Screening 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/110542.0

People with experiance with reliability status please read
http://army.ca/forums/threads/104559.0

Reliability Status Declined... Advice please 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/104795.0

etc...

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Wally88 said:
Hello, I want to apply for an engineer position in the army. I am a Canadian but working in the US for the past 15 years via the NAFTA permit.  I cross the Canada-US border every year to get a new working permit. I have been living in the US for so long, I don't know if I can get the Reliability Status as required.  Any idea?

See the information provided under Step 6  --->  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab7

You may very well be required to submit the Pre-Assessment Questionnaire and this will determine whether or not you will be subject to the full-blown Pre-Assessment Screening which can take anywhere from 6-18 months.

I applied for Reg service about 9 weeks ago and successfully did the CFAT test.  I qualified under the trade I wanted.  CFRC has not contacted me yet so I called last week and they said my file is pending due to the security screening process not being finalized.  I'm a PMQ brat just got back from OUTCAN posting with my father who just retired from the Air Force upon our return from overseas.  Now according to the Forces website (enrolment steps), I should have been given an interview or a medical BEFORE my file progresses for security verifications, yet the CFRC says they cannot proceed further with my file until the security screening comes back as valid. I check on this forum and most people that applied got their medical / interview a few days after doing their CFAT..Has anyone else been thru the same hoops?  Thanks  Ottawa CFRC 

airlog said:
CFRC has not contacted me yet so I called last week and they said my file is pending due to the security screening process not being finalized.

airlog said:
the CFRC says they cannot proceed further with my file until the security screening comes back as valid.

For reference, perhaps,

Recruiting Process

will be merged with the Sticky,

Security Check/Level Superthread (incl dual citizenship) - Check Here First 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1399.175
34 pages.

See also,

Forces.ca

Reliability Screening
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab7
"If a Clearance Pre-Assessment is required, it can take between 6 to 18 months to complete."

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

airlog,

I passed the interview and medical only after my security check was completed.  It took a while to get it processed because of backlogs.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.

DYMO.

I should add that I also lived abroad and was processed through the Ottawa center.

From what I understand it can take longer to process someone who has lived abroad.  Just keep checking on the status of your file every couple of weeks.

airlog said:
I applied for Reg service about 9 weeks ago and successfully did the CFAT test.  I qualified under the trade I wanted.  CFRC has not contacted me yet so I called last week and they said my file is pending due to the security screening process not being finalized.  I'm a PMQ brat just got back from OUTCAN posting with my father who just retired from the Air Force upon our return from overseas.  Now according to the Forces website (enrolment steps), I should have been given an interview or a medical BEFORE my file progresses for security verifications, yet the CFRC says they cannot proceed further with my file until the security screening comes back as valid. I check on this forum and most people that applied got their medical / interview a few days after doing their CFAT..Has anyone else been thru the same hoops?  Thanks  Ottawa CFRC

After completing your CFAT and if you were asked to complete the "Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Pre-Assessment Questionnaire", then this will be the next step in your processing.  Your application cannot go any further until it has been determined whether or not a full-blown "Pre-Security Screening Assessment" will be required.

See the website regarding this portion of the process, where it starts with "If you have ever lived outside Canada....." (3rd para from the bottom.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab7

DAA

My recruiter sent a request to waive the security checks while we were overseas (I'm assuming because of the directive below in bold), but I didn't hear anything as of yet.  I mean we were all given A-2 Semi-diplomatic passports while we were there and the security screening were done by the proper channels..

Anyhow I'm hoping it's not going to take 2 years, my brother wants to join once he graduates high school in 2017 and he will be in the same predicament.     

Here is the info:

Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Check (Pre-Sec) - Will be conducted in the following cases:

a. An applicant has not resided in Canada for a continuous 10-year period immediately
prior to application. Applicants who were accompanying their parents while they were
employed outside Canada are not to be considered in this category

OK, are there more experiences ? how long does it last to verify our background ? Have something changed since 2012 ? I'm from France.

Jeremy971 said:
OK, are there more experiences ? how long does it last to verify our background ? Have something changed since 2012 ? I'm from France.

Have you read and understood this thread:  TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ ?

So you are from France.  And?  Has  Have the various French government agencies and been cooperative with any inquiries that may have arisen from your application?  Have your "References" been contacted and cooperative with any inquiries related to your application?  Do you know?  We don't.  We can't give you a precise timing.

Yeah, I did.
And I thought it may have a police information agreement between France and Canada. There is something like that between European Union countries. But I got it. I just need to wait and be patient.

airlog said:
DAA
My recruiter sent a request to waive the security checks while we were overseas (I'm assuming because of the directive below in bold), but I didn't hear anything as of yet.  I mean we were all given A-2 Semi-diplomatic passports while we were there and the security screening were done by the proper channels..
Anyhow I'm hoping it's not going to take 2 years, my brother wants to join once he graduates high school in 2017 and he will be in the same predicament.     
Here is the info:
Pre-Enrolment Security Clearance Check (Pre-Sec) - Will be conducted in the following cases:
a. An applicant has not resided in Canada for a continuous 10-year period immediately
prior to application. Applicants who were accompanying their parents while they were
employed outside Canada are not to be considered in this category

Awesome and about time they implemented something like this!!!!!  If the requirement for a Pre-Sec is waived, then you will be subject to the standard Background Checks.  How this will impact on things, I have no idea as they really won't be able to verify much of your background (ie; time spent OUTCAN as a dependant) if any, so it's a coin toss how this portion of the process will be managed.

Out of curiousity, did they accept your academic transcripts from your schooling overseas?

DAA

I did Cite Collegiale online while in korea, so no overseas school transcript.

Hello i am a Canadian Citizen from birth but also have USA citizenship. i started the process in sept 2014 for AV tech and ATIS and got everything done very quickly, but waited 8 months for RCMP background check and came back clean. after completion they call me to review everything and put me on the merited list, during that little interview because i lived in the USA most of the last 10 years the officer selected me for a long form PRESEC. it is now months and months that i have been waiting, the only answered the recruiting office is telling me is CSiS are in process. I called CSIS customer service and asked how long it usually take for a person with my kind of back ground. She answered me "they can do it in a matters a days if it is urgent." and she also told me to contact the person who is in charge of my file and only him\her can ask to be process faster. by the way in the beginning i provided the recruiting office with a FBI check (it took less than 2 weeks for the FBI to complete) my question is for a person who only lived in the USA and Canada and never went to an unfriendly country. how long can it take to get the PRESEC done? anyone coming from USA and have the same problem as me? and is it true the recruiting center officer can get my PRESEC faster if he wants to.

sumokobonsai said:
Hello i am a Canadian Citizen from birth but also have USA citizenship. i started the process in sept 2014 for AV tech and ATIS and got everything done very quickly, but waited 8 months for RCMP background check and came back clean. after completion they call me to review everything and put me on the merited list, during that little interview because i lived in the USA most of the last 10 years the officer selected me for a long form PRESEC. it is now months and months that i have been waiting, the only answered the recruiting office is telling me is CSiS are in process. I called CSIS customer service and asked how long it usually take for a person with my kind of back ground. She answered me "they can do it in a matters a days if it is urgent." and she also told me to contact the person who is in charge of my file and only him\her can ask to be process faster. by the way in the beginning i provided the recruiting office with a FBI check (it took less than 2 weeks for the FBI to complete) my question is for a person who only lived in the USA and Canada and never went to an unfriendly country. how long can it take to get the PRESEC done? anyone coming from USA and have the same problem as me? and is it true the recruiting center officer can get my PRESEC faster if he wants to.

VERY HARD TO READ!

Welcome to army.ca

We encourage members, who have agreed to the terms of this site, to follow those terms. 

READ what is posted and you will find the answers to your questions, and questions you have yet to think of. 

By the way, have you read and understood this thread:  TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ ?

Back