• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment Offer Question

genericfloat

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone on the forums. Today I got an email with my enrollment offer (exciting!!). Here is a snippet of the email in question.

> As the Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre Ottawa Commanding Officer, I am pleased to make you an offer of enrolment in the Canadian Armed Forces. The conditions of this offer are as follows:
>
>  
>
> a.            you will be enrolled into the Regular Force as an Infantryman in the Canadian Army under the Unskilled Applicant entry plan;

Infantryman? This comes as a bit of a surprise to me, as my eyesight is V4 and I was told to change this choice after I completed my CFAT in October. The new trade choices I picked were AVS tech, AWS tech, and NCI operator.

So, this is why I've made the question on these forums. I am a bit confused as to how to proceed. Is this normal? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
GenericFloat

Hello GenericFloat,

Have you spoke with your detachment on the phone about your offer? If not, you should give them a call.

It could be that the letter you were sent had an error in the occupation being offered.

Thanks for the quick response. I contacted the detachment, and found there was an error with the offer. The actual trade that was being offered was Naval Combat Information Operator. I am going to accept the offer.

Good advice, and thank you! Basic starts on April 18th, I'll see those who are going there at that time!

Back