• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment with scars [Merged]

These are questions best asked during your Medical, of a qualified person; not on the internet.  Personally, your scars are a non-issue, if as you say due to your scratching scabs that itched.  Many people have such scars.  However, you made mention of other issues that may be of concern to the Medical personnel who may conduct your Medical and Interview.  They may also be non-issues as well, but again, let the professionals judge, not some anonymous internet personality.

Hello,

First and foremost, I want to say that these scars are not from cutting myself or from depression. I had some acne on my back during my teenage years and I picked on them which later left scars/black spots. They aren't really noticeable unless you are really close to me.

Moreover, I have some small circular-like scars on both arms, and on my upper thighs. This is from allergies for when I was taking medication because of my tooth hurting.

I did go through a depression phase, but that was because I didn't know what I wanted to do after high school and all these scars/blackspots on my body. They were also on my face because I also had acne on my face, which I picked on. I want to add that I was 17-18 at this time.

I have already taken initiative on my scars/blackspots on my face by taking medications from a dermatologist and planning on laser medications later on this year.

My question is will I be disqualified because of these self-inflicted scars?

These scars were not inflicted because of depression or a hatred to myself, but more so of stupidity and itchiness.

Thanks!

See Original post. June 03, 2012

Staygold445 said:
Hello,

First and foremost, I want to say that these scars are not from cutting myself or from depression. I had some acne on my back during my teenage years and I picked on them which later left scars/black spots. They aren't really noticeable unless you are really close to me.

Moreover, I have some small circular-like scars on both arms, and on my upper thighs. This is from allergies for when I was taking medication because of my tooth hurting.

I did go through a depression phase, but that was because I didn't know what I wanted to do after high school and all these scars/blackspots on my body. They were also on my face because I also had acne on my face, which I picked on. I want to add that I was 17-18 at this time.

I have already taken initiative on my scars/blackspots on my face by taking medications from a dermatologist and planning on laser medications later on this year.

These scars were not inflicted because of depression or a hatred to myself, but more so of stupidity and itchiness.

Thanks!

MB

hankel said:
Hello,

Thanks!

If you haven’t gained any sort of insight or information into any questions you have in the last approximately 7 years, simply decide whether or not you want to apply, then apply.

When you get to the medical phase of the hiring process, going by the information you’ve provided, you may or may not be asked about the marks and/or scars you’ve described. (Many common skin ailments, marks, abrasions, scars etc are easily recognized.) The explanations you give will be recorded in your file and it’ll be evaluated together with the rest of the stages of your hiring process to decide whether you’re a suitable candidate or not. No one here can answer your questions definitively one way or the other.

Back