• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrolment offer; quiting current employment.

kungfupanda

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Evening,

I received my enrollment offer and emailed my acceptance back on Sunday evening. The offer has both a enrolment date and BMQ date. I would like to get the ball rolling on informing my current employers that I will be resigning....however I haven't heard anything back from my file manager.

Since I have gotten the letter can I safely inform my current employers that I will be quitting or should I wait till I hear more back from my file manager?

My enrollment date is Oct 20 and " The intention is that you will be posted to the canadian forces base Canadian forces leadership and recruit school 03613 on 31 OCTOBER 2016"

I understand that the recruiters are most likely swamped with the selections stuff, I figured this might be a better source then sending them more emails and phone calls.

Thank you as always for any help or insight you can provide,

Panda.

Good Day,

Your enrolment offer is a legally binding document, as such you can give notice to your current employer. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions,
Sgt Laen

Sergeant Laen said:
Good Day,

Your enrolment offer is a legally binding document, as such you can give notice to your current employer. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions,
Sgt Laen

Good day Sergeant Laen,

I received my offer via a phone call on August 26th, 2016. At that time I was informed that my BMOQ is on January 16th, 2017, and I was given the option of how I'd like to swear in. I was also verbally asked if I accept the offer, in which of course I did! I know that my BMOQ isn't until a few months later. However, there are some things I need to take care of before I start BMOQ so I planned to leave my current job a little earlier, so I need to inform my current employee accordingly. I don't feel comfortable resigning from my current workplace without an actual legally binding document. It's now been a month and I've yet to receive my swear in date or an email with the enrollment/offer letter and details, is that normal? Does my verbal acceptance of the offer over the phone eliminate the need of signing an offer letter that would have otherwise been sent through email? Please kindly advise!

Good Day BlueAngels14,

Please watch your "inbox" on here, I will be sending you a private message to further assist.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Thank you Sergeant  Laen,

One other quick question concerning follow up paper work prior to bmq.

Will they be mailing or emailing the time/place for swear in, flight/hotel info and kit list?

I am away from home from the 9th-19th and enrollment is scheduled for the 20th.

Thank you,

Panda.

Good Day kungfupanda,

You should let your file manager / recruiter know asap that you are going to be away.  Normally documents are sent to you ahead of time, but if you're going to be gone then you should let your staff know soonest so that they can manage your file appropriately.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

Back