• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Entry incentives

GearHead

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I'm joining the cf army as a vehicle tech. I'm already a licensed mechanic and I'm wondering If there is a signing bonus or a promotion prior to my MOC training? I've had various members including recruiters tell me yes and no. That I will receive the rank of corporal after basic training and another telling me that I will receive nothing. Anyone who has the actual truth behind what I'm in for upon completing basic training I thank you in advance for our help.

I have also heard diffferent things from recruiters and no one can give me a straight answer.

At the present time, the Canadian Armed Forces does not have signing bonuses available for any of our occupations.

If you possess academic and or recognized professional qualifications which can be associated with an occupation you wish to pursue, then you would be required to provide transcripts, certificates, license's, resume, etc.  These documents would be used to initiate the PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition) process.  Upon completion of the PLAR process and if offered employment with the CAF, you "might" receive credit towards your level of pay, have some of your occupational training waived and possibly given credit towards advancement in rank.

Back