• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ESS NVG Profile Goggles

Hazard_duke

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking to get a set. Can anybody tell me if theyre any good? My main concern is if they're compatable with our helmets. The sites say they do, but thats American helmets. Also I wear my helmet (with Skydex Helmet Pads) a little lower in the front, i dont want the helmet and the top of the goggles to but together, but rather the goggles go under the helmet. Will these work?  Also is there any place that I can get a Mega Discount that you guys would recommend.  Thanks!

I use ESS land goggles with the issued helmet (w/ issued suspension system) with no real problem.  They are a bigger goggle then the NVG, so you shouldn't have to much problem. 

Matt from CP gear would be a good one to ask

Hope that helps

If you want something smaller, I used the Advancer V12s, and although they look like swimming goggles, they worked really well for me.  Good alternative.

I wore a pair of ESS Profile Goggles with my helmet pretty much every day on my last tour.  I found them very comfortable and I trust the quality of ESS products to give the protection I'm looking for.

I found that sometimes they'd fog up on the hotter days, even when mounted in a LAV turret.  Fogging was even more of a problem dismounted, so I would not recommend them for anyone other than vehicle crews. 

If I had to do it again, I'd look into the turbofan version of the Profile goggles if I was going to be in a veh crew.  Otherwise, I'd be looking long and hard for something that would fog less while givin'er on foot through the grape fields.

I didn't have any complaints about the way they fit when used with the issued helmet and suspension system. They didn't protrude any farther out from my face then the front edge of the helmet and while the top of the goggles rested pretty snugly against the bottom of the helmet I didn't feel any uncomfortable pressure points on the bridge of my nose.  I can't comment on how well they'd work with skydex pads, but with the issued suspension I had no problems at all.

Like I said though, if they get all fogged up you might need to take them off to see whats going on. It's only a minor issue when you're sitting still inside a LAV, but as soon as you're dismounted you need to find a solution that protects your peepers AND avoids fog forming  on the lenses from body heat.

Back