• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex TRIDENT JUNCTURE 2018

  • Thread starter stellarpanther
  • Start date
S

stellarpanther

Guest
Does anyone know of a possible EX coming up in Norway?  Didn't know we had people there.

 
S

stellarpanther

Guest
Actually I just found more about it online.  Google is great.  It looks like Ex Trident Juncture 18, a huge NATO EX.
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
1,752
Points
1,060
Eye In The Sky said:

I am responding to a Report to Mod.
Try expand your answers a bit. It's obvious the poster was starting a conversation regarding the subject. Your post provided absolutely no value whatsoever. Don't make people pull teeth. Of course, you were just answering his question in the strict sense it was asked, but while you got your satisfaction at your little jest, it did nothing to further the subject or clear anything up. Except that you know something someone else doesn't, but won't share.

Please refrain from posts that don't add anything to the thread.

Milnet Staff

 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
2,994
Points
1,160
Copy that, but it wasn't in jest.  Just trying to toe the line of info avail at the sight below with "things known thru work means". 

http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/exercises/index.html
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
1,752
Points
1,060
Eye In The Sky said:
Copy that, but it wasn't in jest.  Just trying to toe the line of info avail at the sight below with "things known thru work means". 

http://dgpaapp.forces.gc.ca/en/exercises/index.html

So next time say Yes and add the link.
 

Gunner98

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
2
Points
380
Joint Force Command Naples has plenty of updated info on Ex Trident Juncture 18:
https://jfcnaples.nato.int/exercises/trident-juncture-18/trident-juncture-18-news

Norway feed here: https://forsvaret.no/en/exercise-and-operations/exercises/nato-exercise-2018

 

Ashkan08

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
60
Are reservists deployed ( voluntarily ) for the whole duration of the exercise?
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
2,994
Points
1,160
I've yet to see any official word that the CAF is participating, or what elements/units are going.  If you're interested, your unit might know if there are any CFTPO tasking for the ex.
 

211RadOp

Sr. Member
Reaction score
2
Points
230
From what I know, most of the LTF are coming from 5 Bde.  There may be reservists in the ORBAT, but I do not know.
 

Pwegman

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
110
Yes ,there's an exercise in Norway goin from October to November . Its an interoperability exercice with a few country of the Nato. You can get alot of information if you google Trident Juncture 18.
I know that because im goin there for the exercise and im leaving in about 2 weeks from Valcartier.
 

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
16,504
Points
1,160
Pwegman said:
Yes ,there's an exercise in Norway goin from October to November . Its an interoperability exercice with a few country of the Nato. You can get alot of information if you google Trident Juncture 18.
I know that because im goin there for the exercise and im leaving in about 2 weeks from Valcartier.

Awesome. Weather-wise, that is absolutely the worst time of year to be in Norway.

Numbers for Narvik, for example https://en.climate-data.org/location/6656/

It can go from torrential downpours to sleet and snow in the blink of an (hypothermic) eye ;)

 

MarkOttawa

Fallen Comrade
Fallen Comrade
Reaction score
147
Points
710
Matthew Fisher, now CGAI Fellow amongst other things (no longer with Postmedia), on Trident Juncture 2018:
Trident Juncture 18: NATO’s Norwegian Exercise

Trident_Juncture_18_Header.jpg

Image credit: Matthew Fisher

...Canada’s robust presence here has barely been mentioned by anyone in Ottawa. With 2,000 troops forward deployed, this has been by far the biggest, most complex military operation for the Canadian Forces since the Afghan combat mission ended seven years ago. It is a throwback to the ’70s and ’80s when NATO tasked a brigade from Canada with coming to Norway’s aid at a time of war.

At a cost of $28 million, Canada has sent the fourth largest national contingent to Norway. As well as warships, it has contributed eight CF-18 Hornets, an aerial refuelling tanker, a spy plane and a ground combat element built around 3rd Battalion, the Royal 22nd Regiment...

Matthew Fisher is a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. He was born in northwestern Ontario and raised there and in the Ottawa Valley. He has lived and worked abroad for 34 years as a foreign correspondent for the Globe and Mail, Sun Media and Postmedia. Assignments have taken him to 171 countries. An eyewitness to 19 conflicts including Somalia, the Rwandan genocide, Chechnya, the Balkan Wars, Israel in Gaza and Lebanon, the two Gulf Wars and Afghanistan, Matthew was appointed as the first Bill Graham Centre/Massey College Resident Visiting Scholar in Foreign and Defence Policy in 2018.
@mfisheroverseas

https://www.cgai.ca/trident_juncture_18_natos_norwegian_exercise

Mark
Ottawa
 

Underway

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
3,732
Points
1,040
MarkOttawa said:
At a cost of $28 million, Canada has sent the fourth largest national contingent to Norway. As well as warships, it has contributed eight CF-18 Hornets, an aerial refuelling tanker, a spy plane and a ground combat element built around 3rd Battalion, the Royal 22nd Regiment...

We have a SPY PLANE?  Must be so super secret no one knows about it.
 

dimsum

Army.ca Legend
Mentor
Reaction score
6,460
Points
1,260
Underway said:
We have a SPY PLANE?  Must be so super secret no one knows about it.

*sigh*

I guess the Aurora (ie. the Flying Winnebago) counts as a spy plane these days.
 

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
16,504
Points
1,160
MarkOttawa said:
Matthew Fisher, now CGAI Fellow amongst other things (no longer with Postmedia), on Trident Juncture 2018:
Mark
Ottawa

Shocking... that looks like a non-issue toque  :rules: :)
 
Top