• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Exclusivity agreements

Cpl4Life

Inactive
Reaction score
I've never signed one of these agreements simply because I've yet to have a realtor ask.  If I am asked to sign one I will insist on it being for a set number of days, in case I find the realtor is showing me crap houses or only the houses at the top end (or even over) my price range, etc.  I want the option to tell them where to go if this happens and find another realtor.  Not easy in the midst of a HHT I realize, but better than getting screwed over.

Has anyone here refused to sign an exclusivity agreement?  How did it go over?

I've never signed one.  They work for you - make sure they understand that.

I used to work in real estate part time, and I never made anyone sign one of these up front.  Here in Ontario there has to be one if you're putting an offer on a home, but until then as an agent I could show homes all day long.  On the Ontario form (and I imagine it would be the same for other areas), there is a space to put in what you're looking for in a home and what price range.  Like any other contract, if you're going to sign it, make sure it's as specific as possible with regard to what you're looking for (price, area, area influences, # of rooms, etc.). 

Back