• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Extra spots for summer BMQ because of heavy recruitment this year?

srcgod

Inactive
Reaction score
I finished my application for the reserves (INF) on April 20Th, medical/physical etc all done. 

I was told by the interviewing officer that there were 2-4 of us competing for the last position for summer BMQ, but that since the government is trying to recruit so many soldiers, that they may be opening up extra spaces for BMQ.

Any recruiters, etc, out there know if there is any truth/possibility of this?  or was it just a rumour he heard with no basis in fact?

he also mentioned that this would be affected by unit strength and such.
St. Catharines, ON.

YAH ST. Catharines...  I moved from there to here (Owen Sound)...  Um I haven't heard too much about it, but I know they are recruiting a lot more...  Sorry weird question...  I don't know who you are, did you know a Joshua Allen?  Probably not because St. Catharines is big, that's me...  But yeah, I can ask my recruiter, I'll get back to your question soon...  :)

Good Day,

I am a Section Commander for the reserve BMQ here in Pet starting mid June.  We are expecting 48 pers, 12 per sect for training and the instructor cadre is all Reg force.  Not sure of the number the recruiter told you, but good luck on getting course loaded the course will be fun.  I am sure your recruiter will give you ample time to prepare and get kitted out once you are loaded.

From what I've been asking I found out that the Summer BMQ course has been full for several months now and there are only 48 spots due to a lack of training personnel. I just called in the other day and was told the same thing, so I don't think they will be opening up any other spots, especially since the deadline is passed (to the best of my knowledge). 

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

And sorry Joshua, can't say that I know you.    :)

I was told last month by my unit that all spots on July BMQ are full, and the next BMQ with available spots is in october. That is for 32 brigade though (Not exactly sure were St. Cathrines is...so I don't know your Brigade.)

ditto..im applyin out in Mississuaga and thats pretty much what i heard too summer bmq for 32 cgb is full. Earlier "apparently" it was being argued if there was even gonna be a summer course.

- Good Luck all
-Syed
:cdn:

Cripes, I suppose if the sports for 32 brigade are full, that means the 48th is full too (being part of 32 brigade, as far as I understand)

I thought giving in my application in December would give me enough time to get into the army by the summer, but apparently not.

For the record, is all the training for 32 brigade done out of CFB Meaford, or only BIQ?

It can all be done there. However you might be put on a weekend BMQ/SQ course, in which case you will do your training somewhere in Toronto.

Back