• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

F-14 over Faliuja engagement video

It looks like the video where an Apache kills an Iraqi farmers thinking they were terrorists. But in this case the victims were probably millitants.

You're joking right? That video with the Apache? They guys in it are clearly terrorists. That's never been disputed.

SFontaine, how do you know they are terrorists?   Where and when was this video shot and where did you find it?   I'm not challenging you in anyway... I'm just interested in more information on the circumstances behind the bombing.   :)

The US Military confirmed that they were indeed terrorists. That has never been in doubt... I love this 14 year old sitting at home in Edmonton judging people over there who are getting shot at everyday by these terrorist assholes. Bugs the crap outa me.

I have been trying to find that original video of the gunship taking out the two veh. I had it and then my PC went for the big sleep. Can anyone send me the link.

Cheers

Hmmm ... all I'm getting is a 404 error message when I try to open the F14 link ... (?)

RN PRN said:
I have been trying to find that original video of the gunship taking out the two veh. I had it and then my PC went for the big sleep. Can anyone send me the link.

Cheers

The apache video is available at http://www.militaryvideos.net/. You need to download "BitTorrent"to download them, but it's a pretty good program anyway.

The US Military confirmed that they were indeed terrorists. That has never been in doubt.

Make no mistake, there ARE WMD in Iraq, we WILL find them. That has never been in doubt.

SFontaine said:
The US Military confirmed that they were indeed terrorists. That has never been in doubt....

The US military also went to war with Iraq because it thought they had weapons of mass destruction.... I for one don't believe everything the US military says anymore.

They didn't lie about the WMD though.. They had faulty intelligence. Whenever the US accidently kills innocent people they come out with a statement apologizing.. They could have covered up the 9 civilians they accidently bombed in Afghanistan but didn't. The US Military said the targets killed in the video were insurgents, and none of us have any other evidence proving otherwise.

They lied about the intelligence they had.

I havn't seen the helicoper video, can you describe it for me? Links dont work for me for some reason.

Just curious:  was the US military forthcoming about the incompetent Air Force pilots who bombed your guys in Afghanistan?

Ghost778 said:
They lied about the intelligence they had.

Can you please show me evidence of that? I believe 2 days ago some commision came out with a report stating that there was no manipulation or arm twisting of the intelligence, but that it was faulty due to the collective intelligence of various countries.

[quote author=Hawaii Mike]Just curious:   was the US military forthcoming about the incompetent Air Force pilots who bombed your guys in Afghanistan?[/quote]

Yes. There was an immediate apology, and an immediate investigation. You oughta read Major Schmidts reprimand letter... It's scathing. The man is never going to fly ever again. His career is over and I doubt he's going to have a normal life after this.

Yeah, I read about the reprimand here and posted a comment on it.  You're absolutely correct.  This loser zoomie will never get near a cockpit again.

This will be hanging over his head for the rest of his life. I'd like to see him get a good job with "killed 4 Canadian soldiers due to hotheadedness" on his resume

Can you please show me evidence of that? I believe 2 days ago some commision came out with a report stating that there was no manipulation or arm twisting of the intelligence, but that it was faulty due to the collective intelligence of various countries.

Sure because you asked nicely :)
CIA Failed Miserably on Iraq info

Washington(AP)

The key U.S. Assertions leading to the 2003 invasion of Iraq - that president saddam hussain had chemical and biological weapons and was working to make nuclear weapons - were wrong and based on false or overstated CIA analyses, a scathing Senate Intelligence Committe report asserted Friday. 

Intelligence analysts fell victim to "group think" assumptions that Iraqw had weapons that it did not, concluded a bipartisan report. Many factors contributing to those failures are ongoing problems within the U.S intelligence communitity.- which cannot be fixed with money alone, it said.

The report did not address a key allegation by Democrats: That Bush and other officals further twisted the evidence to back their calls for war against Iraq. The committee's top Democrat, Senator Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia, said he was disipointed that the panel did not look into what he called "Exaggerated" claims of the Iraq threat by top administration officials.

The report repeatedly blasts departing CIA director George Tenet, accusing him of skewing advice to top policy-makers with the CIA's view and elnowing out dissenting views from other intelligence agencies oveseen by the state of defense departments.
END

Personally i think the whole "It was bad information we got from someone else" line doesn't cut it. They went to war on iffy intelligence from other countries? Thats not something i expect from the most powerful country in the world.  The US (or parts of it) wanted to go to war with Iraq. They said find us a reason. People tried to find reasons through shitty intelligence from bad sources and they took what information they had and bent it to support their case.
"wrong and based on false or overstated CIA analyses"  To me that reads the CIA lied.  Governments lie to get what they want thats not something new. They just got caught. I don't want to believe they lied either but they did and if your still not convinced give it a few more months.
This again might be better left to a seperate thread to debate over?

This again might be better left to a seperate thread to debate over?

Yes, please. Let's get this one back on topic.....

Ghost,

All US aircraft can be configured for ground attack.  Their designs dictate how much ordnance they can carry and how effective they are.  F-14 is less effective than F-16 is less effective than A-10.  Even S-3 Vikings and P-3 Orions have been carrying Mk82, GBU, JDAM, etc in this war.  Primarily, though, F-14 is limited to CAP and radar suppression.  To unwieldy at low altitudes and speeds.

Back