• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Facebook Rants

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I've grumbled a bit about some of the changes that FB insists are better for us, but for the most part, I just trudge along silently accepting what they dish out.  Most of it hasn't been too awful and soon becomes the norm.  Until today....

What is up with the update News Feed?  What gives FB the right to decide what is a top story for me, and how do they know what I want to see?  And the scrolling updates on the right side?

A temporary solution to the new mess was to change your language to English (UK).  But they caught on to it.  However, Francais (Canada) still (for now!) gives you the old style and is actually manageable even with only high school french.

Hopefully this will be like the recent 'chat' issue.  They changed it and had too many complaints and it's now back to how it was. 

Simple solution, give up FB.  But whoever said life was simple  ;)

And what's YOUR FB rant?

I think that if it was anything other than FB, people would have ditched it a long time ago. I am getting tempted to check out Google Plus.

Yah, I often get annoyed with the changes Facebook makes.  If it's not broken don't fix it.  Just like with gillette razors they keep designing newer ones even though the older ones are just as good.  But I guess they need something to do or else they wouldn't have many jobs.

I'm just using the mobile version of FB from now on.  Much less confusing with stupid 'features'

GOOGLE PLUS will solve your problems. It's like Facebook, without all the suck.

There is already an Army.ca circle http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/102549.0.html

25 million users in 10 weeks and it's expected to be at 100 million by the end of 2011. Supposed to be the fastest to reach 100 million users by a mile. Just opened to the public yesterday.

Intrepidus said:
Yah, I often get annoyed with the changes Facebook makes.  If it's not broken don't fix it.  Just like with gillette razors they keep designing newer ones even though the older ones are just as good.  But I guess they need something to do or else they wouldn't have many jobs.

I find that when they introduce a new razor blade, their old ones get ever so slightly cheaper. Make a mach 6 already I say.

Facebook might be "free" but that's a long ways off from "not motivated by profit" ::)

I figure that if a tween who cries at the sight of Justin Beiber on TV can figure it out, most adults should.     

Just sayin'    ;)

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
I figure that if a tween who cries at the sight of Justin Beiber on TV can figure it out, most adults should.     

Just sayin'    ;)

I had figured it out, just wasn't happy, hence the rant.  I know you're just proud of having a wife that could take you by the hand and help you figure it out.  ;D

And like all of the other changes that FB has done, it takes some time but then the new becomes the old and you (barely) notice it anymore.  And yes, I'm thinking of checking out Google + too.

Robert0288 said:
I'm just using the mobile version of FB from now on.  Much less confusing with stupid 'features'
I use the mobile version too tho u still notice changes on it lol. Especially with the iPhone Facebook app >:/ lol

It's not hard to figure Facebook out it's just annoying to keep getting used to unneeded changes lol. And for those that do indeed have a rough time understanding Facebook ... Well there's "Facebook for dummies... And Facebook for dummies seniors edition... Lol

-T.

A critique of Facebook. From what I am reading I am:

a Damn glad I never got an account, and

b. Going to investigate Google+ (but being semi fossilized probably won't sign on either. Time to throw som coal in the computer's boiler.... ;D.)

http://pajamasmedia.com/lifestyle/2011/09/26/the-8-ways-big-brother-facebooks-new-changes-alienate-its-users/?singlepage=true

To be honest the changes dont really bother me much..... And I'm a pretty active user....

I also have a google plus account... because I have Gmail i guess.... So far it doesn't do anything for me... I also have no interest in getting all up in with ANOTHER social networking site... I already have facecrack, and linked-in.... Thats enough as it is....

God.. I really am getting old and crusty...

Tommy said:
To be honest the changes dont really bother me much..... And I'm a pretty active user....

I also have a google plus account... because I have Gmail i guess.... So far it doesn't do anything for me... I also have no interest in getting all up in with ANOTHER social networking site... I already have facecrack, and linked-in.... Thats enough as it is....

God.. I really am getting old and crusty...

The point is to be able to get RID of Facebook and all its suck, not add another social network :nod:

The problem with g+ right now is that there's only 25 or 30 million people in there... so there's not much activity. It's a coin toss whether or not g+ is going to be able to get enough users to make it worthwhile. The problem is, things like these usually have to be new ideas that go viral before there's any competition... social networking is not new, so it's hard for it to go viral, even for a big powerful company like Google.

That said, I am campaigning away for g+, and from what I am seeing about the new Facebook that's coming in a few weeks:

And you'll realize, as I did, that Facebook knows you better than you know yourself.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/26/tech/social-media/facebook-users-will-revolt-cashmore/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I may be soon finally deleting Facebook for good and sticking solely with g+.

It may

Back