• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Family doctor reference

Bartan

Inactive
Reaction score
So before my family doctor agrees to be one of my references, he wants to know more about the type of questions that they might ask him about me because apparently he doesn't want to screw up my chances of getting in by saying something wrong or whatever. I didn't speak to him personally because I live on the other side of Canada right now, and his wife is his secretary so she put me on hold and talked to him really quickly.

Does anyone know what type of questions they might ask my family doctor about me if I use him as a reference? I've known him since I was born but I only went to see him once a year or so since then, and I haven't seen him in almost 2 years but he still remembers me and knows what I look like. I also can't think of anything that they might have on my medical file that would hurt my chances of getting in the CAF if they asked him about my medical history.

What kind of questions will the CAF ask him if he's my reference?

I don't believe there are any questions asked pertaining to your physical health, even if you are using your physician as a reference. That stuff is all covered in the medical portion of the recruitment process. They are more questions based around your personal attitude, how you get along with others, respect for authority, your history etc...

So if my family doctor isn't able to answer a lot of those questions, but my other references can, will that be ok?

Bartan said:
What kind of questions will the CAF ask him if he's my reference?

Check here,

The " Reference" Superthread- MergedĀ 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/12763.525
26 pages.

Bartan said:
So if my family doctor isn't able to answer a lot of those questions, but my other references can, will that be ok?

I was told by recruitment staff that the individuals performing your reference checks will contact your references listed until they have deemed they have enough information. So if say reference 1 only gives some information but reference 2 fills in all the missing info that reference 1 could not then they will call it at that and deem you all good from there. If for whatever reason they cannot satisfy their requirements with your 4 listen references they will contact you for additional ones.

Ok well I know that 3/4 of my references will be great then but I really don't have a good 4th reference except for my family doctor so I guess I'm just going to have to lie to him and say that the questions will be easy and not specific but in fact he will probably not be able to answer a lot of them. I really need to use him because my other 3 references added up have only known me for 3 years and 2 months all together, and my family doctor has technically known me since I was a baby.

Ok just got off the phone with his wife (secretary) again, his main concern was just if they would ask any medical questions about my file but I told her that the CAF won't be asking him anything about my medical file or history. So phew my references are finally good to go.

Back