• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Famous People

ajp

Inactive
Reaction score
I always said that getting an autograph is like getting a reciept to say I had met someone.  And I got to thinking that I would be curious about peoples stories of having met fanous people in odd but interesting circumstances.  So do tell...

I did meet Robin Williams at a trade show once, my boss was pushed away for offering some outdorr gear to Robin.  He has a security team when in large public venues.

Pics would be cool too, if you post, but I have no cool poser pics like all the gusy I know on Facebook with their CDS and Rick Mercer.  I met them though.  I met Shawn Majumbder once too.  Had supper with him at a base during a visit.  Right place at the right time.

Next....!

I once got rather inebriated with Mike MacDonald (He of just for laughs fame) at the Sgts WO's & Officer's Mess at St-Jean. He was there doing a rehersal show for a trip he and a number of others were taking out to Afghanistan. No pictures though. He's pretty much just as funny in person.

I used to work at the airport and would often end up having a smoke break with Jonathan Torrens...aka..J-Roc from Trailer Park Boys in his travels.  Nice guy!

I was an extra in a John Cusack film in the late 80's that was filmed at my high school.  Ran into him one day as he chased someone from his trailer in his boxers and his pants falling down...

MM

Myself & few others from the 'Rock' had a 'couple' wobblies with Gorden Pinsent during the 100th birthday celebrations of The RCR'S in 83. Gorden was an RCR from way back.
Myself I tried to have a beer with Prince Philip one of nights during the celebrations at the drill hall. Needless to say THAT didn't go over well with the entourage. The Prince had a good laugh while I was dragged away from the head table.  :blotto:

My mother used to be a promoter here in calgary so I have got to meet some cool people:
William shatner, shinia twain, snoop dog, and kurk hammett from matallica to name a few. But the other day me and the girlfriend were up in kananaskis delta hotel and who sits down at Ceasers... Leonardo Dicaprio. I never meet him or got very close, he had about fifty people around him and was totally Hollywood.. but still cool, I will try to post some of my pictures when I get home.

I personally hate to name drop, but every now and then I will. I used to work in the live entertainment industry, so my list is rather extensive:

Garry Burghoff (Radar from MASH), The Guess Who, Great Big Sea (4x, and I worked with Allan's sister for a 3 month run a couple years ago), Blue Rodeo (bunch of times), Jann Arden, Gilby Clarke (Guns N Roses, Rock Star Supernova), Storm Large (Rockstar Supernova), Michael J Fox, Barenaked Ladies, Stephen Page (Solo, outside of much music), I made fun of the Backstreet boys when the were walking by me with their entourage (also at Much Music), Los Lobos (imagine the looks on the bar staff when I walked in with them!), Kenny Rogers, Roger Whittaker, Jerry & the Pacemakers (he probably had one at the age I met him at), Camilla Scott, Alfie Zapacosta, Sweeny MacArthur (was a good friend of mine, he's the Extra gum guy with the Scottish accent, also in the new Boondock Saints movie), Moist, Matt Good, Bryan Adams, Styx, Saga, Alabama, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Rolling Stones (well, I worked on their set why they were in pre-tour mode, it was at Pearson, and I got to see a plane crash, impressive day for me). I'm having a hard time remembering others, as you can see the list is pretty long.

My favorites were Garry Burghoff, Gilby Clarke and Jann Arden (she's funny as hell!!!)

Oh, and Shania Twain opened for my dad once, back when she was still a little girl named Eileen from Timmins!

After Chapeski's litany it makes shaking hands with P.M Paul Martin seem even more mundane that it was at the time. :boring:

Sorry if I was a thread kill. It was my job to work for/mingle with rock stars as a living. Still, to meet the PM is a little higher up on the list than a rock star. The PM can make actual change, a rock star is just visible.

Was going to say something about JJJJJJJJimmy CCCCCCCCCox, but decided against it...

MM

Back