• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feedback picking an M305 Stock

I'm looking for feedback to get a general consensus on what stock people favor (pictures in main bod

• M14 Rogue Chassis System

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Promag Archangel M1A/M305 Precision Stock

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • JAE 100

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sage EBR Stock

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Standard stock

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other stock, noted below

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
I recently bought an M305. I was just going to leave it stock but now I'm leaning towards upgrading the stock on it and looking for some feedback. Feel free to post a link/pic of a favorite stock I didn't include in the voting options

Option 1
M14 Rogue Chassis System  $999
http://ustacticalsupply.com/m14roguechassissystem.aspx
Juggernaut.1.JPG

Option 2
Promag Archangel M1A/M305 Precision Stock  $310
http://www.mysticprecision.com/wp/1285/promag-archangel-m1am305-precision-stock/
thumb.php

Option 3
JAE 100  $600-$1500 depending on attachments and upgrades
http://www.jallenenterprises.com/want_it_now.htm
ajae100darkearthfullcolox5.jpg

Option 4
Sage EBR Stock  $730
http://www.sharenator.com/Post_your_favorite_Guns_3_only/sage_ebr_stock-49165.html
sage_ebr_stock-s813x399-49165.jpg

Yep - bullpup stock conversions are verboten. Strangely, bullpup rifles are not, provided they are manufactured at the source as such...

Personally, I believe that putting a precision stock on a Norinco is a bit like putting lipstick on a pig, but to each their own. Having gone down the road of putting together a precision M-14 based rifle, only to throw in the towel when the expenses became unjustifiable, I will say be prepared to spend a lot of money if you are serious about trying to make it work. Not to sound like a shill for KevinB, but there is a reason that the M110 SASS is based off an AR action and not the M-14/M-1 action...

Having modded rifles in the past where I installed parts before really knowing what I really wanted to do with it, let me ask this question before we get too deep:
What do you intend on using the rifle for?

Illegio said:
Yep - bullpup stock conversions are verboten. Strangely, bullpup rifles are not, provided they are manufactured at the source as such...
Weird. I wonder if I could pull off saying 'but it came like that, honest....'

NinerSix said:
Having modded rifles in the past where I installed parts before really knowing what I really wanted to do with it, let me ask this question before we get too deep:
What do you intend on using the rifle for?

1. Blast mad caps at my hunting cabin.
2. For a fun project.
3. Annoy the range police at my gun club.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Weird. I wonder if I could pull off saying 'but it came like that, honest....'

No. There is not FRT number for a model like that

1. Blast mad caps at my hunting cabin.
2. For a fun project.
3. Annoy the range police at my gun club.

All good and valid reasons for modding a Norinco, or just owning a stock one. ;D

It's about having fun with the gun, not deploying to the Congo or some such with it.

Try to find some surplus ammo. You're going to burn it up quick.

I have built up many variations, at least 20, better and cheaper than any Springfield Armouries version I've also had my hands on. I have put thousands of rounds  through various M-305's. All have shot at least as well as the Springfields, if not better in some cases. Most that complain about Norinco accuracy are blaming the gun when they should be blaming the operator. ;)

Get used to the razzing. You'll find Norinco haters everywhere. You can usually end most of the arguements by asking them if they've ever owned or shot one. ::)

Chances are most haven't.

Just go have fun and never mind what the naysayers have to say about it.
f5319c5f.gif

Option 1 is a no go just from function -- I met the owner and his lackies at a range day and none of their 6 guns worked beyond bolt action...

Its a M1A type gun, I would just enjoy it for what it is.

i am going with this stock, a guy in BC makes these, he manufacture custom composite M14S-CQB stocks on his own molds from hand crafted carbon fiber/fiberglass blend. These start at 550.00 and rails are extra
his email is m14doctor@hotmail.com

100_0261.jpg

I just fished this one before last fall, its an old SKS in 7.62 x 39mm, i took the old girl north last deer season and shot one buck and a doe with it using 123gr hornady v-max's

106930m2_ts.jpg

i just wanted to add, even know the ATI stock for the sks was suppose to be a drop in i had to open up the bedways and where the receiver drops into the stock with a die grinder, these sks where made in different factories and in different country's, you could run into that problem with the m305 vs m14 when you fit the stock

i forgot to add the butt stock on the M14S-CQB stock set for the M305 is mounted with the same mount for any AR platform rifle so any butt stocks that fit an AR can be mounted to it be it retracting or folding

Back