• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Feminist groups want notorious pickup artist kicked off UBC campus

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
The comments section at the article source below really is heartwarming.  :facepalm:

Daily Hive

Notorious pickup artist called out for ‘predatory behaviour’ at UBC campus

CKNW AM 980 Sep 19, 2016 7:30 am

UBC is drawing criticism from students after it failed to remove a notorious ‘pick-up artist’ on campus last week.

His name is Jan Huang and he runs a Vancouver based dating website.

Huang posts regular videos to YouTube including those titled “How To Pull Her Home,” “Never Get Rejected,” and “College Pickup.”

Student Stacey Forrester says he was making his rounds at UBC last Wednesday.

“I got word that his was on campus through a feminist Facebook group that I am a part of.”

And when campus security was notified by students and Forrester herself, they were told the following.

“That he wasn’t doing anything that violated his right be there, essentially. That if we wanted to make a formal complaint, there was a channel to do so.”

Forrester says that type of action doesn’t support UBC’s promise to change how sexual assaults or predatory behaviours is handled.

”Here we are up there with UBC claiming to want to change the rape culture on campus. And yet they were letting a guy with kind of a predatory behavior hang out.”

She will be filing a complaint with the university and hopes something will be done about the issue.

“Not to just take securities ‘No’ for an answer and really push the issue if they are uncomfortable with him being there on campus.”

Barry Eccleton Director of UBC Campus Security has released a statement on the issue.

“We are aware that an individual who describes himself as a ‘pickup artist’ was on campus Wednesday. While this individual’s actions are distasteful, we are not aware of any criminality. We encourage anyone who wishes to make a formal complaint against this individual, or any other who may make them feel unsafe, to do so at campus security or if they are aware of any criminal behaviour associated with this individual or any other to call 911 immediately.”

Take it off campus.

Join Arthur Murray and learn how to dance. Women love to dance.

Dancing may seem like a useless social skill, but it isn't really. You're a better trophy on her arm at New Year's Eve and weddings etc. than a man who can't dance.

Dancing is when women give men - strangers they met seconds ago- permission on the dance floor to flirt, touch, make good eye contact, whisper sweet nothings in her ear, embrace and sway together. Syncing your bodies.
They say the way you behave and perform on the dance floor is how you will behave and perform in the bedroom. It doesn't prove that you are any good between the sheets, but it suggest that you may have potential. If you dance with enough women, after they become familiar with you because you hang out at the place every weekend, sooner or later, the Law of Averages should begin to work in your favour.

There's ritual, etiquette, asking permission - in front of a room full of eyewitnesses. Sort of like a parade square.  :)

Dancing was a lot of fun! Certainly more fun than getting chased off campus by Security. These days, maybe even calling 9-1-1 on you.

Colin P said:
I met my wife through ballroom dancing

I read that young folks these days prefer to meet through online dating websites.

It went on to say that 87% were satisfied. The other 13% are still missing. < just kidding.  :)

Colin P said:
I met my wife through ballroom dancing

First one at Basic in Cornwallis Church (17 years), second one in Basic Officer (2 years), broke the mold for the third one and dated the mess bartender, that one appears to be holding after better or I am older......

And, as a result of all this free publicity, I bet that this guy's business just exploded....

The great thing about dancing is that it is something we do together and that helps the relationship long term. I highly, highly recommend a guy learns to dance, if your young learn to salsa, Jive, Samba and Cha cha, when you meet the right person do waltz, rumba and Argentine Tango with them. Another side benefit is we have been going to a seniors tea dance, hanging out with people that have been married for almost as long as you have been alive can be quite constructive.

daftandbarmy said:
And, as a result of all this free publicity, I bet that this guy's business just exploded....

I knew a successful Pick Up Artist. His credo / MO was simple, "I get laid a lot, but I also get slapped a lot".
Also, had drinks thrown in his face, and had to contend with jealous boyfriends and husbands. And, he was for sure not a fighter. Hated violence and weapons.
Even so, if he saw a woman he liked, he would march right up to her, completely ignoring the husband. 

He was married to! Wore his wedding ring and was up front about it with women.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I didn't know you had worked with sailors, mariomike!  ;)

No, but I still have dear old Dad's little black RCNVR address / phone book from World War Two.  :)

This guy had a few things going for him,
It was the 70's. Nuff said.
Also, we transported patients to ER's all over the GTA. And there were a lot more ER's back then. So, he had access to a lot of nurses.
Also, we had recently switched from 8 to 12-hour shifts. That's when a lot of guys moved their families out of the asphalt jungle. For themselves, they would get together and rent little pied-à-terre's for downtime Rest and Relaxation.  :)

In all night food joint sometime after 3am, my buddy sees 3 girls sitting there, sticks french fries up his nose and ears and goes and talks with them. Next thing we know he is going home with them. So we all ordered fries after that. It was at that point I realized I didn't understand girls.

This guy I mentioned. He was telling stories at work one night. Sounded like BS. So, he went out to his car for a photo album. Said there were others.

In that pre-internet era, I must say he certainly knew how to handle a Polaroid. They didn't call it the "Swinger" for nothing! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7k2uwJmwxo

He's dead now. But, after he retired, he went on cruise ships as a dancing partner...

Back