• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Few Questions

boosted11

Inactive
Reaction score
I am waiting for Crewman to open hopefully April 2011, I am in the process of VOR.

I have my SQ done already, so I'm guessing Id be posted sometime this spring and DP1 loaded when I arrive, which is 6-7 weeks
from what I gathered on this forum/forces.ca

I'm wondering if they're are any postings to Gagetown, I realize the school is there, is that the only posting? Or do you normally go to Edmonton/Pet?

Also while on DP1 are married members required to live in single quarters?

Any info regarding my questions would be helpful, thank you.

boosted11 said:
I am waiting for Crewman to open hopefully April 2011, I am in the process of VOR.

I have my SQ done already, so I'm guessing Id be posted sometime this spring and DP1 loaded when I arrive, which is 6-7 weeks
from what I gathered on this forum/forces.ca

I'm wondering if they're are any postings to Gagetown, I realize the school is there, is that the only posting? Or do you normally go to Edmonton/Pet?
The reason I ask is because my wife and I are from the area.

Also while on DP1 are married members required to live in single quarters?

Any info regarding my questions would be helpful, thank you.

boosted11 said:
In process of VOR to Arty AD, Just curious how long the DP1 training is, and what other training/courses I will be taking and the length?
Thank you

VOR = Vehicle Off Road.  It means that the vehicle is not safe to drive. 

Can you honestly tell me that you know what you honestly want?  Last month you were going to AD Artillery.  Now you are going Armour.  I am sure that if you have read some of the topics here about DP 1 you would have a fairly good idea what it entails.  You will likely be put on Course at the School in Gagetown, and your family will stay where they are currently located, so; Yes, you will most likely be required to live in the Single Quarters with the rest of your Course and do Station Jobs along with them, maintaining a bed space and all that young Recruit training stuff.  The reason your family will not join you at the School is because the Crse you are on is not over twelve months long, and the CF will not move your family for that short a period.

After you have successfully completed your DP1 you will be Posted where the Army needs you the most.  The fact that you and your spouse have family in one location has very little to do with the decisions made by the CF.  It is at this Posting the the CF will likely move your family to join you.

George Wallace said:
VOR = Vehicle Off Road.  It means that the vehicle is not safe to drive. 

Can you honestly tell me that you know what you honestly want?  Last month you were going to AD Artillery.  Now you are going Armour.  I am sure that if you have read some of the topics here about DP 1 you would have a fairly good idea what it entails.  You will likely be put on Course at the School in Gagetown, and your family will stay where they are currently located, so; Yes, you will most likely be required to live in the Single Quarters with the rest of your Course and do Station Jobs along with them, maintaining a bed space and all that young Recruit training stuff.  The reason your family will not join you at the School is because the Crse you are on is not over twelve months long, and the CF will not move your family for that short a period.

After you have successfully completed your DP1 you will be Posted where the Army needs you the most.  The fact that you and your spouse have family in one location has very little to do with the decisions made by the CF.  It is at this Posting the the CF will likely move your family to join you.

I was referring to Voluntary Occupation Reassignment. AD is my first choice, I'm waiting for either to open.
When I receive my message I wont have a course date, not until I arrive at the school. And my family can be moved if I will be there longer than 6 months course or not.
I'm not too concerned about mopping a floor or making a bed, I have 5 years in now.
All I asked is if while on course your required to be in single quarters.
And if crewman can get posted to gagetown.

boosted11 said:
And if crewman can get posted to gagetown.

This post is a bit old, but newly graduated DP 1 Crewmen can indeed be to posted to Gagetown as part of C Sqn RCD.

Cheers

Tango2Bravo said:
This post is a bit old, but newly graduated DP 1 Crewmen can indeed be to posted to Gagetown as part of C Sqn RCD.

Cheers

that or to the school where they drive for courses..

Hello everyone. I am wondering a few things in regards to bmq and my family. I already know I'll miss my little girl like crazy but I was wondering if there are Alloted  time for my girls to visit at all.  Has anyone had experience going through basic with kids? I am not worries about my wives support system for our newborn or her ability to be alone while I'm in training I am just curious what happens when you have a family a province away. I am sorry if has been covered I tried searching different phrasing but found nothing I was looking for. I'm going in as armored soldier so after basic do I have the ability to move them closer to me on base while I continue training?  Any advice and answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys  and gals.

Lajeunesse.C said:
I was wondering if there are Alloted  time for my girls to visit at all.

Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School
When can I visit a recruit or an officer-cadet in training?

Visits are not authorized during the indoctrination period (first five weeks of the course) or when the platoon is given supplementary training on weekends. Once the indoctrination period is over, candidates may welcome guests on Saturday (from 1 pm to 10 pm), on Sunday (from 8:30 am to 7 pm) and on statutory holidays (from 1 pm to 10 pm). Guests must be welcomed at the Rotunda and may go to the Subway, the Canex, the O'Mega Mess, the cafeteria or the orange corridor. All other areas are explicitly out of bounds to any guests.
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

Family members and friends of the graduates are invited to the Graduation Ceremonies. The ceremonies take place on Thursdays at 2 pm in the HD-4 Building located at the Saint-Jean Garrison. Doors open at 12:30 pm, and guests must be seated no later than 1:45 pm on a first-come, first-serve basis. Parking spots are also available for the guests.

The ceremony is approximately an hour long and is followed by a reception for the graduates, their families and their instructors. After the reception, with their instructors' approval, graduates can go out for the evening with their families, but will have to return to the School no later than 10:00 pm.

The evening prior to the Graduation Ceremony, from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm, with their instructors’ approval, graduates can welcome guests at the main building entrance and shall proceed to the O'Mega Mess or the cafeteria. Graduates may be granted permission to have supper in town.

A few weeks before the Graduation Ceremony, candidates will be informed of the procedure to gain permission to meet their respective families and friends for the evenings before and after the Graduation Ceremony.

What happens after the course?

A few weeks prior to the Graduation Ceremony, candidates will find out when and where they will have to report to their next training establishment. In most cases, graduates leave the day following the ceremony. In some exceptional cases and if the conditions allow it, graduates may leave with their families after the ceremony if they have received permission from their instructors.

Lajeunesse.C said:
I'm going in as armored soldier so after basic do I have the ability to move them closer to me on base while I continue training? 

After you have successfully completed your DP1 you will be Posted where the Army needs you the most. It is at this Posting that the CF will likely move your family to join you.
http://army.ca/forums/threads/99441/post-1018923.html#msg1018923
Reference Reply #1.

Back