• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finally!

Butters

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, last August I started to pursue my lifelong dream in joining the Canadian Forces. It has been a very anxious 6 months. I know some of you have been waiting a lot longer than 6 months and deserve this more than I do; I guess I just got lucky with the whole process that's all. On August 16th I handed in my application and was surprised to be called in for my CFAT the following day. After successfully completing my CFAT I was called in 2 days after to perform my Physical Fitness test. I passed with flying colors, and was really amazing when I was called in 1 week after to go for my interview and medical. As I waited in the recruiting center's office for my interview after I completed my medical I was told they were to busy, and that they would have to re-book. No problem their, until they had to re-book me 3 other times: P I was kind of worried and thought there was something wrong with my profile. There wasn't, did my interview, and did the waiting game on my medical. My medical came back exactly 3 weeks after I did it. I was pretty impressed, because after reading a lot of medical post on these forums I was expecting about a 2month wait. After that I just awaited my call that I received 7 minutes ago :D. It wasn't what I hoping for (Infantry), but Field Artillery was my second choice!

I would just like to say, I really appreciate all the help and solutions to my problems I have got from these forums. You guys prepared me for the process and educated my knowledge a whole bunch more. I really wish all of you still the process the best of luck and don't give up; you'll get your call!

Anyone else going to St.Jean Quebec, feb.8th? Field Artillery?

Congratulations, trust me, your second choice is THE choice............... ;)

...I can feel the heat already. :-*

Congrats man! Infantry was my first choice too, combat engineer my second, and Artillery (Field) my third, they chose me for Artillery. I'm pretty excited about it myself. I start next tuesday, 6 days.

Yup, Jan 25th to March 31st, so we'll both be there at the same time, only not in the same course.

Hey guys, I guess I'll be right in the middle!!  begins Feb 1st!!  except that I'm going LCIS Tech..  but let's not worry about that right now..

See you there!!  I'll be the french guy in the english platoon!!

Frank

hehe if you're getting sworn in the 27th at the Vancouver center I shall see you there :P thats when I get sworn in :)

Also, I got question here:
After BMQ do I go directly to SQ? or is there another waiting period?

Butters said:
hehe if you're getting sworn in the 27th at the Vancouver center I shall see you there :P thats when I get sworn in :)

Depends on where you are going to do SQ.  Sometimes its right after, sometimes you have to wait because the SQ school only runs so many courses per year and they have to wait for students from other BMQs to get there. Just be patient and you'll get it all done.

Good luck

Waiting for the call too, Dang i started my application in August too, hopefully will get the call....My one and only choice was Infantry   :crybaby:

Butters said:

Well, we'll certainly see each other there!  :D  Is your plane the next day too?

Frank

jarko said:
Waiting for the call too, Dang i started my application in August too, hopefully will get the call....My one and only choice was Infantry  :crybaby:

Hehe don't worry Jarko I am on the same boat as you, I have my application on the list since august and I too, applied for infantry.

nope, not for me. 10 days after I get sworn in I take my plane (or however they decide to transport me)

Infantry was my first choice too. The day before the board met (Jan 17th.) The R/C called me and asked if I would be interested in anyother job offers, I said put me down for whatever is open.

Back