• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Flexibility on ASC dates?

brian8225

Inactive
Reaction score
Do you have any flexibility on when you go to CFASC, or are you shooting yourself in the foot if you make this appear to be an inconvenience to "your" schedule? A week off of work is a challenge or borderline impossibility this time of year on short notice.

I'm not sure how often CFASC sessions are held, e.g. once a month, every week, etc.

I would be fine with getting bumped to FY2014 consideration if being unable to go to CFASC right now means that I keep my current job, I'm more concerned about my application getting thrown in the discard pile altogether.

They will inform you of a list of weeks with open course slots and you need to express a preference amongst three.  If you are given the opportunity to go to ASC this year I wouldn't pass it up. In 2011 they were only hiring skilled pilots, meaning former military pilots. Next year they may not be hiring any. Even if you don't get on to a selection board this year, as soon as pilot opens up, whether it be next year or the following, having ASC finished will cut down on future delays.  They will not load you on ASC next year if they are not hiring pilots.

Back