• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

forces.ca updated?

I was at my local RC last week and I had a nice long talk with one of the guys there. He told me that most trades have filled up or are nearly filled for this fiscal year and advised me to begin my application process now any ways to get me "ahead of the pack." He told me that come late January/early February they will get their new numbers for for the next fiscal year and will know which trades will be open/closed/in-demand/competitive etc...

Okay, let me be the first to say....the forces.ca website with respect to "Open"/"In Demand" occupations, etc, is definitely NOT up to date!!!  Do not base your application on when positions come open.  Apply NOW so that your file is ready for processing.  If you wait, your at the back of the bus.....

In summary....don't wait for the CF to come to you.......

DAA said:
Apply NOW so that your file is ready for processing.
Some CFRCs close existing files people who did medical or CFAT because trades are closed and  there are no positions this year.
P.S. information from  one of Facebook group member - file was closed yesterday, November,8,2012
:(

secondchance said:
Some CFRCs close existing files people who did medical or CFAT because trades are closed and  there are no positions this year.
P.S. information from  one of Facebook group member - file was closed yesterday, November,8,2012
:(

Interesting.....usually once you have done the Med, CFAT, interview and been merit listed your pretty much on hold.  If your trade selections are closed, your file remains open for up to a year.  The only time a file is closed is if an applicant does not qualify for the chosen trades (ie; did not meet application cut-off scores, a low CFAT score or they seriously tank the interview) orthey may not be eligible for enrolment due to a variety of reasons.

DAA said:
Interesting.....usually once you have done the Med, CFAT, interview and been merit listed your pretty much on hold.  If your trade selections are closed, your file remains open for up to a year. 
The only time a file is closed is if an applicant does not qualify for the chosen trades (ie; did not meet application cut-off scores, a low CFAT score or they seriously tank the interview) or they may not be eligible for enrolment due to a variety of reasons.
In this case it was like that (quote from this person):
my file is being closed because there are no positions this year which I knew but all esle is fine in the file so I have to reapply again in next year.
  It means person can re-apply.It was not qualification or eligibility.
I had not exactly the same experience when I was doing my first time application in 2010.After security check (almost 1 year) I was waiting for CFAT/Med/Interview.But I got letter with the same information-  file is being closed because there are no positions this year.2  months later my file was re-opened and I had CFAT/Med/Interview .
May be it was closed because file didn't pass all steps -med, CFAT, interview and been merit listed?
Of course you are right about "once you have done the Med, CFAT, interview and been merit listed your pretty much on hold.  If your trade selections are closed, your file remains open for up to a year. "
But in case if you are in process and waiting for medical/interview?

Back