• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Foreign Exchange programs??

Knew a guy from Halifax that was exchanged with the TA while university there. Came back with the accent and the whole upper crust mannerisms. Funniest thing I ever seen.  10 years later still walking around sounding like John Mills in the cruel Sea. "Right, what, what!"  Pip!  Good luck do not come back like that so and so.

Great information here, thanks to the mods for moving my post and does he sometimes wear a cape and have a cane Lightguns I think I know the fellow you speak of
Lightguns said:
Knew a guy from Halifax that was exchanged with the TA while university there. Came back with the accent and the whole upper crust mannerisms. Funniest thing I ever seen.  10 years later still walking around sounding like John Mills in the cruel Sea. "Right, what, what!"  Pip!  Good luck do not come back like that so and so.

Oh no, not a cane and cane too now. LOL. "Rights lads, over the top with you, get at those ruddy boshe!" Wonder if he ever toured?

Not sure about the cape, I only saw him in the summer, but he did wer knee high socks and walking shorts. 8)

Danjanou said:
Not sure about the cape, I only saw him in the summer, but he did wer knee high socks and walking shorts. 8)
What's next, delusions of boat house colours?  ;)

NSDreamer said:
  Good Evening All,

I might be getting posted over seas for a few years to Britain with my current job. I'm currently, as my profile indicates, in the Army PRes.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any exchange stories/programs with the Territorial Army over in Britain. I'd hate to have to go to sup res for three years...

Cheers,
  NSDreamer

NSDreamer,

PM Haggis and he'll brief you on the process.  He was the Canadian OPI on this issue for years!

Cheers,

AK

Thanks for the heads up! I'll send him a PM!

AK said:
NSDreamer,

PM Haggis and he'll brief you on the process.  He was the Canadian OPI on this issue for years!

Cheers,

AK

You may also find this discussion helpful.

CAN Reservists serving overseas (merged thread)
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/58217.0.html

Back