• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Frag vest/weighted vest training

SOES_vet

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,

While on course we were issued frag vests with plates, and as much as I loathed carrying those evil things around I do recognize that we received a great deal of legitimate training from them.

So here is my question for you all: As a reservist, is it possible to request to be issued a frag vest, with training plates, for training purposes? If not, what do you all suggest as an alternative? I have looked into weighted vests but they are fairly expensive. Would just a small pack with stuff in it be sufficient? I feel that having something on your back wouldn't provide the same style of training.

SOES_v said:
Hi All,

While on course we were issued frag vests with plates, and as much as I loathed carrying those evil things around I do recognize that we received a great deal of legitimate training from them.

So here is my question for you all: As a reservist, is it possible to request to be issued a frag vest, with training plates, for training purposes? If not, what do you all suggest as an alternative? I have looked into weighted vests but they are fairly expensive. Would just a small pack with stuff in it be sufficient? I feel that having something on your back wouldn't provide the same style of training.

Your unit's RQ may have flak jackets on hand, or you can try clothing stores. Apparently some clothing stores is more likely to issue you some kit, others not so much.

Buy some weight plates at Canadian Tire.  They are pretty cheap, and fit in the flaps.

Back