• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Franko started this dammit.

New York Fries (with Malt Vinegar and "Californian" spice, lots of it)

Harveys

Weber‘s is an amazing hamburger joint off the highway 401 (I think) and it is great. They have a couple old VIA train cars that you can eat in or a nice well-kept park. The dog loves it (they even have a water bowl for her) and the food is wonderful.

Originally posted by Nate M:
[qb] Weber‘s is an amazing hamburger joint off the highway 401 (I think) and it is great. They have a couple old VIA train cars that you can eat in or a nice well-kept park. The dog loves it (they even have a water bowl for her) and the food is wonderful. [/qb]
Nate
I completely agree that WEBERS has it wrapped up (no pun intended) when you talk about hamburgers. My family has a cottage near the restaurant and have been going there since I was very young.

WEBERS is located off of Highway 400 north of Orillia Ont. Just before the exit to a small town called Washago (Part of the Trent-Severn River system).

There are indeed trains on site and the several passenger cars they have there have been converted into a series of dining rooms!

I have to visit the place at least once a year. The food really is excellent!

Slim

Burger King in Camp Butmir, Sarajevo BiH....

Just got back a few minutes ago....still feeling it in my gut...never again.

NOW I remember why I hate BK :rolleyes:

Regards

Slim, Nate M, The only good thing about weber‘s is their reputation. I used to go to Bala a lot[the kee] and tried webers a few times but found it lacking. I think it‘s a case of style over substance. {course the huge line-ups on Fridays and Sundays were unbelievable]

Originally posted by Bruce Monkhouse:
[qb] Slim, Nate M, The only good thing about weber‘s is their reputation. I used to go to Bala a lot[the kee] and tried webers a few times but found it lacking. I think it‘s a case of style over substance. {course the huge line-ups on Fridays and Sundays were unbelievable] [/qb]
Ah well...each to their own.

I do love the food and the line ups actually they are long sometimes but they do move you along pretty good. I still go when I can.

Its not fast food, but what about Subway? Also, theres a great Pizza place in Amherst, NS called Bambino‘s pizzeria.

No Chinese food fans?

I used to work in a Chinese restaurant.

...nope still not a fan, just saying I used to work at one, haha.

haha nono, most of those rumors were started by fast food and greeting card companies (tinfoil hat-on)

I just ate so much of it when I worked there that I never care if I see another plate of chow mein or General Tao‘s chicken again.
I think anyone who has worked at a restaurant or fast food joint probably feels the same way :D

I used to work in the midievil food court at Canada‘s Wonderland when I was much younger...
...Haven‘t been back since.

Hey! I tried funnel cake there for the first time in my life last summer...Ill never eat that until my 18 yr old arteries unclog from that bit of abuse.

Funnel cakes are bad, but my grandmother made a chocolate oblivion truffle torte one year. It was pure egg (6), butter (1/2 cup) and chocolate (16 ounces). You could feel your arteries clogging as you ate it. But that was good.

Funnel cakes are bad, but my grandmother made a chocolate oblivion truffle torte one year. It was pure egg (6), butter (1/2 cup) and chocolate (16 ounces). You could feel your arteries clogging as you ate it. But that was good.

Originally posted by Nate M:
[qb] Funnel cakes are bad,[/qb]
I got quite a serious burn on my right index finger due to making funnel cakes.

I was working with a young lady who spun around too quick one day, sending droplets of grease from the deep frier flying through the air. One landed on my finger and wound up becoming third degree.

I still have the scar...

Originally posted by Enzo:
[qb] I can eat my weight in chow mein. [/qb]
Well, I can eat twice my weight in perogies and fried onions. God I love that stuff.. and I get it alot with my Ukrainian roots. It‘s like.. the food of all food for me, good ol‘ Ukrainian quisine. Borsch, perogies and cabbage rolls. Shame Ukrainian Christmas is over.. :(

Funnel cake? Never tried it.. don‘t think I want to now..

My mom makes this mean chocolate lover‘s cheescake. Oh God I‘ve never had anything so rich. A tiny sliver and you‘re set for the day..

Back