• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

So which ordinary Federal power in particular did Alberta want that wasn't already available to it?

Something in the set of things Ottawa can and does provide without resorting to invoking the EA, I suppose.

legislation of foreign funding of political activities

Controls on funding? Registered political parties, sure. Registered lobbyists, if we have any, maybe. Freedom of expression, including political viewpoints, no. A thousand times, no.

Controls on funding? Registered political parties, sure. Registered lobbyists, if we have any, maybe. Freedom of expression, including political viewpoints, no. A thousand times, no.
agreed, and depending on how they write the legislation, it could also combat money laundering in the realestate market. I am not in the know for how reporting currently works for donations, but what I think would be useful is if a branch of the CRA was created that all political parties, etc had to fully report all their finances to, every line item for review annually, including where donations came from.

What the fuck are you on about? This shit is okay by you because it's done in the name of your hero? You really are a piece of shit, you know that?
So sensitive.

Its not okay, its just funny how when BIPOC are on the receiving end of police...tactics, there isn't usually so much angst.

So sensitive.

Its not okay, its just funny how when BIPOC are on the receiving end of police...tactics, there isn't usually so much angst.
There is from me, sonny Jim, that shit is never on. A guy down and under control is out of the ruck no matter what colour his pelt is.

Your line of argument is basically to use the EA over trivialities. Keep digging.
And your line of argument is the government come up with some other magical way to force private corporations to do things like tow a truck.

There is from me, sonny Jim, that shit is never on. A guy down and under control is out of the ruck no matter what colour his pelt is.
You can tell by the body language of the cops around this that they want to be somewhere else and no deal with it.

He's absolutely under control and the cop is just dropping knees to hurt him.

Thats great to hear.

Maybe now you can see the humor in me saying that cops are not inherently racist because the person on the receiving end of this isnt, as far as i can tell, a BIPOC.

That just makes cops jerks, not racists.

And your line of argument is the government come up with some other magical way to force private corporations to do things like tow a truck.

Again: you're arguing possible suspension of civil liberties is OK, in order to mobilize a tow truck.

Thats great to hear.

Maybe now you can see the humor in me saying that cops are not inherently racist because the person on the receiving end of this isnt, as far as i can tell, a BIPOC.

That just makes cops jerks, not racists.
I didn't know this was a racial argument, but it was inevitable to be brought up eventually.

I didn't know this was a racial argument, but it was inevitable to be brought up eventually.
What, because BIPOC haven't been complaining about policing tactics for decades/centuries now?

To convoy participants, welcome to the club, or knee in this case.

Back