• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Friendly Advice

whorian

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's a friendly advice preparing for BMQ...

So yeah, you've got your BMQ date in a month. Stressed as hell. You can do way more pushups as the standards, can run 8kms.. but you still think you should get better? Good attitude, but don't go crazy.

1 month before BMQ, I was like "Well in the Army, we're going to do pushups. Why continue working out other muscular groups?" So I started doing push-ups like crazy (300-500 a day) and look at me now, I am injured and probably won't be able to make it. Motivation drop, broken wrist... now I am LESS prepared to BMQ than I was when I decided to join the forces.

Don't push yourself too much. The army can do that. They know how to do it so you won't get injuried.

good advice hugo.
I have gone through all of the basic stuff.. I even did SQ i was one of the last courses to ever get that privilage,
anyway. dont stress it.. just do what you can 300-500 pushups a day.. man are you crazy i STILL dont do that many.. and i do 25 to enter a building or leave a building in kingson
I think i did 300 friday but that included circuit training and stuff..
but ya.. do what you can 50 a day is good in my opinion.. work up to a good ammount but dont hurt yourself.. that would suck.

What i found was hard was while in borden on pat, maintaining my level of fitness, pt is slack there mostly, they expect you to do it yourself, which is what I did, but still, it seems a different sort of base

how did you break your wrist??? doing pushups?  :-\

Back