• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From USAF to Space Force

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Three Osan based Captains transitioned to Space Force.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/same-desks-different-service-space-force-welcomes-handful-of-air-force-transfers-in-south-korea-1.645105

OSAN AIR BASE, South Korea — Three Air Force captains and a master sergeant joined approximately 2,400 other members of America’s newest military service, the Space Force, at a swearing-in Monday at the Osan officer’s club.

Seventh Air Force commander Lt. Gen. Scott Pleus administered the oath to Capt. Juan Correa, of Independence, Ky.; Capt. Jacob Myers, of Crowley, La.; Capt. Sean Sherlock, of San Diego; and Master Sgt. Patrick McCanless, of Brookneal, Va.

The USSF is already defining their battlespace (literally) as Cis-lunar space. Operating out of Earth Orbit provides huge manoeuvre space, strategic depth and allows the coverage of the Moon as a resource and logistics platform. SF by people like Ben Bova or Jerry Pournelle becomes real life events:

https://www.space.com/earth-moon-space-us-military-high-ground.html

longish article, follow the link

The militarization of space will happen, we are human. 

On another note every time I think of Elon Musk. I think he sounds like a character right out of a Ben Bova novel.

Thinking CEO Dan Randolph of Astro Corp. In Bova's Grand Tour series.  Elon I'm just waiting for diamond constructed spaceships.  Hmmm I wonder if Elon is a fan of Bova? 

On another note every time I think of Elon Musk. I think he sounds like a character right out of a Ben Bova novel.

Thinking CEO Dan Randolph of Astro Corp. In Bova's Grand Tour series. Elon I'm just waiting for diamond constructed spaceships. Hmmm I wonder if Elon is a fan of Bova?

When United Launch Alliance started to develop its new Vulcan rocket, it envisioned using a new upper stage called ACES, short for advanced cryogenic evolved stage. ULA’s president and CEO Tory Bruno described it in 2018 as a transportation system that would operate in space for weeks or months performing missions in different orbits.

The launch industry has mastered the ability to deliver payloads to orbit so the future is about figuring out applications that a vehicle can do after satellite deployment, said Bruno.

An upper stage, for example, could operate as a tug in space beyond Earth’s orbit or around the lunar orbit. The U.S. government could, for instance, use the vehicle to drop off multiple payloads on different orbits.

Getting to orbit is getting easier and it’s no longer a problem to be solved, Bruno said. “The next thing is all about the upper stages.

Bruno said Vulcan’s Centaur 5 has 40% more endurance and two and a half times more energy than the upper stage ULA currently flies. Vulcan is still in development and testing, and is expected to attempt its first launch later this year.

“But that’s just the tip of the iceberg,” Bruno added. “I’m going to be pushing up to 450, 500, 600 times the endurance over just the next handful of years.

The Wright Brothers were not government funded.

Thinking CEO Dan Randolph of Astro Corp. In Bova's Grand Tour series. Elon I'm just waiting for diamond constructed spaceships. Hmmm I wonder if Elon is a fan of Bova?
I think one of the driving forces for Musk is not waiting for the next asteroid to reduce human kind to a fossil record. He talks a fair bit about the "Great filters of space faring civilisations". Asteroids figure highly on that list.

I think one of the driving forces for Musk is not waiting for the next asteroid to reduce human kind to a fossil record. He talks a fair bit about the "Great filters of space faring civilisations". Asteroids figure highly on that list.
Oh yes it is. And his anti AI stand. It's like he watched and read all the 70s and 80s Scifi books and movies. Lol

I think in the end he is a big kid with dreams. The cyber truck is his note book drawing when he was in grade 6. Building rockets because it's building rockets! And who didnt want to that as a 10 year old? Go to space and colonise a planet. He inter child is coming out. In many ways its great. People like him move the world forward. He is also showing the world once again government suck at moving the needle. Showing up NASA.

And to get back to thread, Space Force has a kid wish a fufillment to it. What kid didn't want to be a Space Marine, Colonial Marines did suck though? Or Join the Mobile Infanty. Or if older a Thunderbird?

Uniforms of BSG. Song out of Captain America, logo from Star Trek.....damn the CAF for not indulging my interchild.

Then on second thought.....if the CAF does get a Space element....I vote it be modeled on the Royal Manticore Navy. Long live the Honorverse.

Good News! Space Force has a song!

I am trying to decide if this is cringe or campy!
Cringe! Definitely cringe.

Disgusted The Monkees GIF

🍻

Which one thinks he should have called in sick today?
47F010BF-AACE-40C4-82CB-DB8065691E09.jpeg

A mandarin collar with a shirt and tie underneath?? Qu’est-ce que fuck? As JM says, tailoring must be optional or extremely expensive down there.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg of what’s wrong with this outfit…:sick:

I guess uniform tailoring is pricy.
I think it maybe by design. The people they want will not look good in a tailored tight fit uniform. A huge majority will not be field force but behind a terminal and screen in a building in the middle of the USA. So this may work. I did read some time ago that fitness standards would also be different to get those people.

More like this:
1667495070907.png

Than this:
1667494852328.png

Back