• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Futurama is Comming Back(confirmed)

techie

Inactive
Reaction score
New episodes of Futurama coming to Comedy Central ... for real!
http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/06/22/new-episodes-of-futurama-coming-to-comedy-central-for-real/

We've reported on every single little rumor that's come out about Futurama's return. We've asked Billy West, who couldn't tell us anything definitive one way or the other.  But -- finally! -- we have some confirmation that Futurama is indeed coming back.

And we can thank Craig Ferguson for it.

When Katey Sagal visited The Late Late Show the other day, she told Craig that the show is coming back to Comedy Central in 2008 for at least 13 episodes (I was watching that appearance, too. Must have slept through that part). Don Kaplan of the New York Post confirmed this; his sources told him that all the primary voice actors signed new deals this week. Also according to the article, FOX may have the option to air the new episodes, but probably won't. The new episodes will also come out on DVD after they air.

I just have one reaction: Huzzah!

I must say this was one of the best shows ever produced. I am looking forward to these new shows and hope the quality of these show match the previous episodes.

I liked the old ones as well,
The premise of the show is great for writers too I think since they're not bound by things limited to earth (I think the simpsons are starting to run out).

I just hope it isn't as bad as when the Family Guy came back.

Simpsons should just die, ive been watching them since i was 6, and up till the 13th season, i watched them every sunday, no matter what, After that, it died.

Family guy was too bad when they came back. I havnt seen much of the new episodes, but from what i have seen they are pretty good.

As for futurama, i just pray the do everything like they did before, becasue that show was more then just a cartoon full of laughs(although it had a lot of laughs). It was a Story about Fry.

Your both off based here, Simspons has only been getting better season.  And as they say they have stories for years.  Same with the family guy, sure its not the same the as older one's but just as good. 

I think that Family Guy was Great and is still good. Futurama Still is funny, but I think it is second only to Family guy, with Simpsons bringing up a close third.

I'm still in disagreement over the quality of the family guy and simpsons,
Before they were well written on target plots with a clear beginning middle and end.
Now they are random flashbacks, which i know they had before, but if you watch the ones before there were a lot less. Don't get me wrong, they're funny but it's not that hard to write random flashbacks that are funny and of no relation to the "plot"

The Simpsons, don't get me started, the first sign a show has jumped the shark is when they have to rely on guest stars to get people to watch. Looking over synopsis of the last bunch of simpsons, it's guest star after guest star.

I love Futurama,  I think the reason it failed was because there were SO many allusions that you could only understand if you knew Sci-Fi.  So they might tone that down, to get more non-geek types to like the show. Unfortunately if they do that... they loose the reason why I love the show SO much, the insightful jabs at conventional thought. 

As for Family guy,  I think it is just following the trail of Madonna and South park.  It got out attention through shocking us,  so now they have to keep getting more and more extreme just to keep us in the seat.  Just like Madonna and South Park,  after a while we'll get bored with being shocked.  Futurama on the other hand is only limited by the size of the universe and our collective imagination ... so I say another three seasons.

I actually like the new episodes of south park. I started watching the show agains after team america, and south park has some very funny episodes from time to time (if you keep up on current events).

The Conan O'Brian years were the best Simpsons years IMO. I still find Family Guy funny, but Futurama... priceless! Fry is the best character of the 3 shows if you ask me.

I don't know, the evil monkey or the giant chicken are always good for a laugh or three...

Back