• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FWSAR (CC130H, Buffalo, C27J, V22): Status & Possibilities

So is the aircraft currently near the Terminal in Cold Lake right now a C-27? Because it looks from the back.. like a herc that had 2 engines removed?

Inferno .... you've just described a Buffalo

c-27-9811253a.jpg

C-27

CAYR8BNW.jpg
Buffalo_in_flight.jpg

CC-115  Buffalo

Note the difference between a C-27 and the CC-115.

C-27 looks like a Herc while the CC-115 looks like a DASH-8 Aircraft to me (I.E. Similar body design except for the ramp).

CDN Aviator said:
Thanks for proving my point !

Most welcome sir . .  always try to help.

That's actually a rare bird to be seen in North America  . .. the USAF only has ten (?) of them.

They're French C160s.

And the Buff looks nothing like a Herc... unless you ignore the nose, tail, wings, cabin, fuselage, ramp, gear, cockpit...

... but then again, you didn't specify that they weren't Canadian aircraft.

inferno said:
They're French C160s.

If you are referring to the USAF aircraft in the picture above  in post # 582 . .  it is a  G222  or C27 in USAF livery.

USAF never operated the 160's and those engines aren't RR Tynes. 

If you are referring to my post above, it is referring to my post above it.

Unless the Americans have started flying around with "Armée de l'Air" stenciled on the side of their aircraft?

inferno said:
If you are referring to my post above, it is referring to my post above it.

Unless the Americans have started flying around with "Armée de l'Air" stenciled on the side of their aircraft?

Well then we must be in agreement.

Because in the post I  referenced, #582, the C27, the one with the big  "US Air Force" stenciled on the fuselage, is clearly not a C160 . . .  engines being a clear Type marker in this  case and the picture clearly shows not a Tyne in sight.

I do miss the unique sound of the Tynes . . .  they were on the Fairchild 227's that Nordair used on DEW Line Lateral flights and when you heard them, it meant you were "getting out".  Fond memories.

Haletown said:
Well then we must be in agreement.

Because in the post I  referenced, #582, the C27, the one with the big  "US Air Force" stenciled on the fuselage, is clearly not a C160 . . .  engines being a clear Type marker in this  case and the picture clearly shows not a Tyne in sight.

I do miss the unique sound of the Tynes . . .  they were on the Fairchild 227's that Nordair used on DEW Line Lateral flights and when you heard them, it meant you were "getting out".  Fond memories.

[OT alert]

Haletown, the Tyne did indeed have a characteristic noise, as did the Dart....funny how there are soem things you remember like that!

Cheers
G2G

[/OT alert]

Good2Golf said:
[OT alert]

Haletown, the Tyne did indeed have a characteristic noise, as did the Dart....funny how there are soem things you remember like that!

Cheers
G2G

[/OT alert]

ya know, now that I think about it  . .  those 227's had Dart's not Tynes . . . .  and they were a unique sound.

Nothing could vibrate your sinuses like a Dart  . . or a Tyne

...yup, the Vanguard had Tynes, though...

From someone there, three French C-160 Transalls.

Mark
Ottawa

MarkOttawa said:
From someone there, three French C-160 Transalls.

Mark
Ottawa

Mark, where is "there" ??

I'm missing something  . . . maybe it's the stupid pills I'm taking for the pain. . .  I have the great joy of having a Shingles attack so I'm not sure sometimes if I'm making any sense  :p

MarkOttawa said:
Haletown: The Cool Pool.

Mark
Ottawa

Clue 1  "there"

Clue 2  "The Cool Pool"

I need clue 3  . . . .  still confusing myself to a point of "no comprende senor"

Back