• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FWSAR (CC130H, Buffalo, C27J, V22): Status & Possibilities

What version of the Chinook is this?
View attachment 70533
Technically a ‘Voyageur’. Labs were always RCAF/CAF. Voyageurs from 1THP RCASC (1 Transport Helicopter Platoon, Royal Canadian Army Service Corps) the after unification transferred to 450 Squadron, then moved from 10 TAG (Tactical Air Group) to ATG (Air Transport Group) and rebuilt at Labradors. The tell of whether a Labrador was an original RCAF SAR Labrador or an Army Voyageur converted to Labrador(ish) configuration is the additional forward *upper cockpit windows on a Voyageur/Labrador(A) that make it look like eyes above the smiling banana. Original Labradors don’t have the *upper glass that a pilot would look out of to use as a hover reference during hoisting (I know…don’t ask).

The younger smaller/slower/weaker brother version?
Touché @Eye In The Sky

Last edited:
In case anyone wants a giggle or two, here's the info-machine's version ...
Also archived here and here in case the links don't work.

I was wondering what these guys were doing lately....nice work!

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

This just keeps getting more depressing. The funny thing is it never gets better only worse, all the trend lines are there in plain view.

What version of the Chinook is this?
View attachment 70533

Already identified as a Voyager. This particular airframe was the only one of the Army's Voyagers that wasn't changed to a Labrador.

Boeing Vertol CH-113A Voyageur Helicopter (Serial No. 10409), later (Serial No. 11309), Canadian Army, Rockcliffe, Ontario, ca 1965. This Voyageur was taken on strength in 1964 and was flown by No. 1 Transport Helicopter Platoon, a component of the Canadian Army and part of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps, based at CJATC, Rivers, Manitoba. It was destroyed in a crash fter control was lost when entering a fog bank at Kinchloe AFB, Michigan, while on a ferry flight from Rivers, Manitoba to the unit's new base at St. Hubert, Quebec, on 14 August 1966.

BZ to the crews and support pers who are 'making it happen'.

Just to add to this, what's the RCAFs plan for housing in Comox? There is almost nothing available for a regular APS, nevermind an extra xx amount of people for SAR coverage.

Just to add to this, what's the RCAFs plan for housing in Comox? There is almost nothing available for a regular APS, nevermind an extra xx amount of people for SAR coverage.
Yes housing is a big issue here. All the barracks and single quarters are full. Weeks ago the WComd mentioned they’re looking at renting hotels to house our members. I don’t know if it materialized.

Yes housing is a big issue here. All the barracks and single quarters are full. Weeks ago the WComd mentioned they’re looking at renting hotels to house our members. I don’t know if it materialized.

Besides the Old House, is there anything else available with kitchens?

I have a solution....

Holiday Driving GIF by PLAYMOBIL

I mean it's BC, half the population already lives in vans anyways. The CAF may as well just set up a van park, it'll be trendy with the youths!

I have a solution....

Holiday Driving GIF by PLAYMOBIL

I mean it's BC, half the population already lives in vans anyways. The CAF may as well just set up a van park, it'll be trendy with the youths!
I heard rumours that people were trying to get a camping spot without the raffle because they needed a place to live. Apparently the camping raffle is serious business in Comox.

I have heard elsewhere that one of the Kingfishers issues is the dummies they toss out to imitate a SAR tech jumping keeps hitting the tail? If true, one would have thought that they would have tested that during the trials. I just wish the Spartan was being supported by Airbus. My gut feeling in all of this is wrong airframe and right company.

I have heard elsewhere that one of the Kingfishers issues is the dummies they toss out to imitate a SAR tech jumping keeps hitting the tail? If true, one would have thought that they would have tested that during the trials. I just wish the Spartan was being supported by Airbus. My gut feeling in all of this is wrong airframe and right company.

SAR Techs be like...

Fresh Off The Boat Abc GIF by HULU

You forgot.... just like boots, the only testing required was could it be procured from Québec 😁

Back