• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FY2015-2016 Available DEO Officer Occupations

Ttroy

Inactive
Reaction score
The Forces website is out of date unfortunately.  I'm looking for a current listing of officer occupations currently accepting DEO applications for FY2015-2016.  The question seems simple enough but I've been unable to get an up to date listing from recruiting.

Good day Ttroy,

The site is fairly accurate with the list of open occupations. Unfortunately, the site does not distinguish between the entry programs. So, you may see that a certain officer occupation is open, but it may only be open for paid education. As of today, the following DEO occupations are open, and recruiting group is accepting applications:

-Armoured Officer (limited spots)
-Infantry Officer
-Engineer Officer
-Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer
-Signals Officer (in demand)
-Aerospace Control Officer
-Pilot (limited spots)
-Air Combat Systems Officer
-Communications and Electronics Engineering (Air) Officer (in demand)
-Maritime Surface and Sub-surface Officer
-Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer
-Marine Systems Engineering Officer
-Dental Officer
-Health Care Administration Officer
-Pharmacy Officer
-Nursing Officer
-Medical Officer (in demand)
-Social Work Officer
-Public Affairs Officer (limited spots)
-Legal Officer
-Personnel Selection Officer
-Training Development Officer
-Military Police Officer
-Chaplain

Hello Captain Mark,
Thank you for the list. I am currently waiting for my university transcript before taking an appointment for the CFAT. The occupation which I have applied for is not on the above list though. What happens next? Do I just wait for until there is an opening?

Thank you very much

What occupation were you applying for?

If you apply to an occupation that is currently closed, you will receive a response, indicating that the occupation is closed, and that you will have to select another choice. Your file will be closed, but it will be assigned to your nearest recruiting detachment. You will have to contact the detachment if you want to be reoriented into another occupation and have your file reopened.

If you really only want that occupation, find out if it is going to open again. Most occupations will open in the early spring for the new fiscal year. You may have to reapply online, depending on how long it has been since you last applied. Otherwise, you can contact your detachment at that time and ask them to reopen your file.

I have a commerce degree with major in supply chain/accounting and submitted my application for a logistics officer with no second option. Upon going through all the list again on the forces.ca website, I got interessted in the HCA officer position. I will be receiving my transcript and attestation letter next week and will setup an appointment for the cfat exam.

Thanks.

Back