• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Game Time!!!! Movie Quotes

Ok this is my last 1 for awhile....

"Don't worry, old chap. Been handling this stuff ever since I blew up the nursery with my first chemistry set. Poor old Nanny."

:D

Ok Mud, that last one was from one of the Navarone movies. Correct?

could be!

;D

Enzo, ya that was from "Force 10 from Navarone"...A quote from Cpl Miller

General Mireau: "If those little sweethearts won't face German bullets, they'll face French ones! "

and, same movie;

General Broulard: "Colonel Dax, are you trying to blackmail me? "
Colonel Dax: "It's an ugly word, but you are in a difficult situation"

RSM Lauderdale:

" I have seen Calcutta. I have eaten camel dung. My knees are brown, my navel is central, my conscience is clear, and my will is with my solicitors, Short and Curly. "

and;

RSM Lauderdale:" Will you stick a boomerang in that great Aussie cakehole of yours until I've finished?"

Was that from 'The Guns of Batasi' starring Richard Attenborough as the RSM of an East African battalion in the last days of colonial rule?

"I don't know. How does it feel to be a dick, dick? "

"Thank you, sir. But I could not have done it without the help and inspiration of my brother, the poolman. "

(A hint, they're from the most accurate portrayal of life as a reservist I've ever seen)

Okay here is one that I like...sorta could be said to all our troops overseas today...

"It is quite understandable; it's a very natural reaction. But one day - in a week, a month, a year - on that day when, God willing, we all return to our homes again, you're going to feel very proud of what you have achieved here in the face of great adversity. What you have done should be, and I think will be, an example to all our countrymen, soldier and civilian alike. You have survived with honor - that, and more - here in the wilderness. You have turned defeat into victory. I congratulate you. Well done."

Any takers????????  (choo choo!)

TCBF,

Yup.  A classic...sort of lke G.I. Jane  :P  (j/k Buschgirl).

You win the booby prize.  It is in the mail to Rainright as we speak. 

"When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? Why? You some war junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is."

BHD, too easy.

You stumped me with the River Kwai one though, clear as mud as soon as it was revealed.

Michael Dorosh  you were right  about it being SCI-FI  but its not start trek lol  Spaceballs lol

This one is a military movie  wonder if any one remembers it ?

"What the F!@# is that? Sir that is the sound of an AK-47 its the preferred weapon of choice of our enemies " 

Its not the whole quote but here is a hint its from a Clint Eastwood movie

This one from page 3....How about.......
"Me? I prefer Kenny G....the early stuff before he sold out"

(possibly obscure, from a different sort of "war" movie    )

Answer...Was that from Fargo?

Not exactly a War Movie...Miliary related all the same.

Quote:I'm sorry, ... ::), but I don't wanna marry you. I really like you. We've had ourselves some really great times, but I thought you understood. I want to marry a pilot. I want to live my life overseas. The wife of an aviator.

Back