• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GG Payette resigns 21 Jan 2021

You are assuming that the leftist elite allow the practice of cancel culture to be included in the history books.

I recall many years ago visiting the US Army Armour and Infantry museums in Ft Knox and Ft Benning. There were gaps in both timelines from 1812 to 1815... move along here.... nothing to see.
To be fair the US armour force was not around in 1812......

Cavalry ?
Funny enough Cavalry was not "allowed" to have tanks, hence the term "Combat Cars". Also Not sure how much impact cavalry had on the war of 1812, as I recall it was mostly an infantry and naval war, with as much artillery that they could drag/boat to the battlefield.

Funny enough Cavalry was not "allowed" to have tanks, hence the term "Combat Cars". Also Not sure how much impact cavalry had on the war of 1812, as I recall it was mostly an infantry and naval war, with as much artillery that they could drag/boat to the battlefield.
If I recall, the French Indian wars, in the the war of indépendance, the war of 1812, cavalry action was pretty small scale. Most of those wars used far more skirmish style fighting compared to the massive manoeuvre wars in Europe.

The British Army in the Americas likely had nothing mounted beyond perhaps some officers. There wasn't near as much cleared ground over here back then.

The British Army in the Americas likely had nothing mounted beyond perhaps some officers. There wasn't near as much cleared ground over here back then.

The Dragoons were pretty active.

And I got a selfie with this painting at the National Gallery in London recently. It's nice to meet your heroes, even if only in effigy! ;)

A2A37071-03F9-B623-009F9DD2CA259BD7.jpg

Sorta?

She resigned and walked off without admitting any guilt. She probably got a sweet package of benefits too.
Not Admitting guilt and leaving with payouts or benefits are common even if some get cancelled.

She stepped down (I wouldn’t be shocked if she was pressured to), schools have and are looking at dropping her name , MPs were looking to pass motions to strip her Order of Canada, she was the only living former GG not to be invited to the Queen’s funeral. She’s persona non grata in most circles .

So I’d say she’s been cancelled.

Cavalry is expensive. The horse, the up keep of it, the saddles etc. All cost $$$. Not to mention the logistics of keeping a squadron of cavalry fed while on the march.

Cavalry is expensive. The horse, the up keep of it, the saddles etc. All cost $$$. Not to mention the logistics of keeping a squadron of cavalry fed while on the march.
I have a friend who calls his daughter’s horse ‘Ferrari’ after the car he could have had if he hadn’t bought his daughter a horse - he would approve of your post.

I have a friend who calls his daughter’s horse ‘Ferrari’ after the car he could have had if he hadn’t bought his daughter a horse - he would approve of your post.

My daughter is taking horse riding lessons this summer... Mix that with a dance... Thousands upon thousands of dollars.

She also plays rugby, that costs me 150$ a year. Rugby is cheap.

We used to have four. When people say 'only rich people own horses' my response was we (they) would be rich if they didn't.

Back