• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

GG Payette resigns 21 Jan 2021

Just so long as he/they do it quickly before the chief justice needs to sign off on legislation that he may then need to make a ruling on at a later date.
According to CTV, Buckingham Palace is aware however HM is at Windsor Castle already as when the news broke it was close to 2200 GMT. Likely an awkward briefing HM will receive in the morning...

According to CTV, Buckingham Palace is aware however HM is at Windsor Castle already as when the news broke it was close to 2200 GMT. Likely an awkward briefing HM will receive in the morning...
Likely one of several awkward briefings . Maybe 2021 is unfolding as another "annus horribilis.'

She must have spoken to her on the phone before making this public, I can't see even her blindsiding the Queen like this.

Likely one of several awkward briefings . Maybe 2021 is unfolding as another "annus horribilis.'
I don't know. This piece of news probably falls under the "annus mirabilis" category.

🍻

Highly unlikely. PMO will put a known "known" in the slot, to both stave off any follow on criticism, and to ensure no possibility of erratic behaviour going forward. This is not what they wanted right now.
I the PM is smart he will go the "Harper" route, and pick a relatively unknown, quiet, competent person. Someone that attracts no attention and who does nothing but serve honourably.

Given the PMs penchant for dramatic gestures and virtue signaling, I imagine we will end up with someone famous and entirely unsuited to the role.

I the PM is smart he will go the "Harper" route, and pick a relatively unknown, quiet, competent person. Someone that attracts no attention and who does nothing but serve honourably.

Given the PMs penchant for dramatic gestures and virtue signaling, I imagine we will end up with someone famous and entirely unsuited to the role.
My money is on Russell Peters or Ashley McIsaac.

Perhaps a retrospective look at the general impression when she was selected as the GG is in order.

Garry Doer would be a good choice I

I think I should put my name forward. PPCLI Guy will be my COS. or G2G - either one will be fine..

OldSolduer, it would be an honour. Of course, one of the first orders of business would be to remove all the red crayons from Rideau Hall. 😉

Actually, yeah. Another media hack, recognizeably Canadian, has some level of respect for the Forces and Canadians in general...good idea.

A touch on the older end of the spectrum, but how about a solid Montreal kid?

Attachments

• william-shatner-2.jpg
    william-shatner-2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
What are the qualifications for the job?

Back