• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going back to St-Jean for mod 2.

armouredguy23

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i'm just looking for any input, perhaps from people who have recently been through this. I'm heading back to St-Jean to do my mod 2 after having been reg force for a while now (UTPNCM).

So i'm just wondering what i can expect. How have you guys who've been through this already felt about joining a group of recruits mid-way? How did the staff deal with you? Did you have to deal with anything you didn't anticipate? Any words of advice?

I'm looking forward to going back. I figure it should be fun going through "basic" for a second time because i'll be going through it rather lightheartedly, but that being said, i want to get there prepared.

Thanks!

I'll be heading there for the same reasons this summer, with the exact same questions.

armouredguy23 said:
Hey guys,

So i'm just looking for any input, perhaps from people who have recently been through this. I'm heading back to St-Jean to do my mod 2 after having been reg force for a while now (UTPNCM).

So i'm just wondering what i can expect. How have you guys who've been through this already felt about joining a group of recruits mid-way? How did the staff deal with you? Did you have to deal with anything you didn't anticipate? Any words of advice?

I'm looking forward to going back. I figure it should be fun going through "basic" for a second time because i'll be going through it rather lightheartedly, but that being said, i want to get there prepared.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I am unable to answer your question as I have been Reg F for quite a while myself but I was just wondering when you guys received your offers for UTPNCM? There is a few people on another thread (link below) that applied for this year and haven't heard anything back. I personally applied for CEOTP so it probably won't help me any, but the others I mentioned on that thread who also applied for UTPNCM would probably be interested to know when others received their offers.

https://army.ca/forums/threads/128997/post-1565576.html#msg1565576

Thanks and Good luck in St. Jean!

I believe I got my offer end of June 2018, appointed OCdt August 2018.

June 2015

However, I just received an SCP offer Monday for one of my members.

Ok thanks! I had originally assumed that you two were selected this year and were proceeding on BMOQ right away, but its obvious that you began school prior to being loaded on BMOQ, makes sense now...

TechCrmn said:
Ok thanks! I had originally assumed that you two were selected this year and were proceeding on BMOQ right away, but its obvious that you began school prior to being loaded on BMOQ, makes sense now...
I didn't have to do bmoq due to being PLQ L qualified.
That being said, you be in the middle of a BGRS move the first summer. Plan on BMOQ after first year of school.

Yeah i received my offer sometime in June 2018, same as Eorceme, i was "promoted" in August, just before starting the school year.

Eorceme, was just wondering if you've had any word at all as to what your summer will look like? I'm four weeks away from the end of the school year, and as of yet, i still have no idea on dates for St-Jean, much less where and when i'll be reporting to while i wait for mod 2 to start.

sidemount said:
I didn't have to do bmoq due to being PLQ L qualified.
That being said, you be in the middle of a BGRS move the first summer. Plan on BMOQ after first year of school.

Ok thanks I'll pass the info on!

armouredguy23 said:
Yeah i received my offer sometime in June 2018, same as Eorceme, i was "promoted" in August, just before starting the school year.

Eorceme, was just wondering if you've had any word at all as to what your summer will look like? I'm four weeks away from the end of the school year, and as of yet, i still have no idea on dates for St-Jean, much less where and when i'll be reporting to while i wait for mod 2 to start.

If you are at a civy u:
So your support base (the one who does up your tuition claims and such) will have a unit liaison officer (ULO). They are the one you will report to after your exams are comolete, and they are responsible for setting up OJT for the summer and providing you with course load messages.

I've been given tentative dates of 3 -26 July for mod 2, nothing official just that's the course the ULO is expecting.

eorceme said:
I've been given tentative dates of 3 -26 July for mod 2, nothing official just that's the course the ULO is expecting.

Right on.

Yeah i only wish i had a tentative date. I don't even know where they'll employ me yet this summer seeing as i'm not particularly close to any big base. Most likely a reserves unit somewhere but still, we only have a couple more weeks of school left.

armouredguy23 said:
Right on.

Yeah i only wish i had a tentative date. I don't even know where they'll employ me yet this summer seeing as i'm not particularly close to any big base. Most likely a reserves unit somewhere but still, we only have a couple more weeks of school left.

If you have a OJT/OJE that you want to fill them my suggestion is to go find it yourself.  I let my ULO pick one summer and it was crap.  I sorted out my own jobs the rest of my time and actually leavened a bit about my chosen trade and had fulfilling employment

MJP said:
If you have a OJT/OJE that you want to fill them my suggestion is to go find it yourself.  I let my ULO pick one summer and it was crap.  I sorted out my own jobs the rest of my time and actually leavened a bit about my chosen trade and had fulfilling employment

Great suggestion!

I'll definitely look into that. That being said though, i'm not sure how many options there are in the local geographical area. Like i mentioned, there's pretty much just a reserves unit and a recruitment center. I'll definitely get in touch though to see what they have to say.

armouredguy23 said:
Great suggestion!

I'll definitely look into that. That being said though, i'm not sure how many options there are in the local geographical area. Like i mentioned, there's pretty much just a reserves unit and a recruitment center. I'll definitely get in touch though to see what they have to say.

I don't know your trade but even if you are the unit Afmin O for the summer at a reserve unit you'll come out a better officer.  Too many folks don't know how to find admin answers to the detriment of their troops.

Back