• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got my MOSID today 00183... PLT :)

F

feelghood

Thought i'd make an account to spread the hope/joy of the season.
Background
Ocdt - Civi U - ROTP
Halifax area
- Got switched from Air Ops to PLT (00183) this morning at 0900! :)
So in answer to all your questions, yes they are hiring pilots in 2009 - or at least one.
Cheers + Happy Holidays.

That must be a great feeling!  Congratulations.  Was pilot your first choice?

feelghood said:
Thought i'd make an account to spread the hope/joy of the season.
Background
Ocdt - Civi U - ROTP
Halifax area
- Got switched from Air Ops to PLT (00183) this morning at 0900! :)
So in answer to all your questions, yes they are hiring pilots in 2009 - or at least one.
Cheers + Happy Holidays.

Congratulations.

That's the easy part...

Only Choice haha
And yes it is a very long road ahead.
Already passed ACS though so this summer will be BOTP or BOTC (whatever they are calling it this week lol ::)
then after that its up in the air so to speak :p
Any current pilots have opinions on where the next step will lead me?
Note; I am bilingual so 2nd lang. training will probably not be needed once I challenge and pass the exams.
Thanks for your imput and support guys!
Cheers

hey...who is this? doing civi U? I just got the call saying my mosid is pilot aswell.......but i'm at RMC

Sounds like everyone is getting MOSIDs. We received a mass email today for my area.

yes i am still going to school. Taking an engineering degree via Civi U through ROTP. 

cheers

The moratorium on hiring pilots is for DEO applicants.  There hasn't been a cut-back on ROTP applicants as you will not be in the pilot making system for quite some time (years), while DEO applicants will be placed on the BTL right away.

I got mine back on the 14th, and I believe most Ottawa area CivU ROTPers got it then as well. It was quite a suprise because from what I was aware of we weren't due to get our trade assignments until after BMOQ.

I was Navy (slated for MARS) and moved to infantry. Quite a difference, but I'm very happy with it.

Zoomie said:
The moratorium on hiring pilots is for DEO applicants.  There hasn't been a cut-back on ROTP applicants as you will not be in the pilot making system for quite some time (years), while DEO applicants will be placed on the BTL right away.
funny cause i've heard the overall number for accepted pilots this year is small and that the trade is closed for next year

feelghood said:
Note; I am bilingual so 2nd lang. training will probably not be needed once I challenge and pass the exams.
Thanks for your imput and support guys!
Cheers

Talking about challenging language skills test + mispelling the word *input* in the next sentence = irony  :blotto:

* yes, I realize the post is almost a month old but...it just jumped out at me. 

Congrats on getting the slot you wanted, though! 

Back