• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got the offer....

Barracuda13

Inactive
Reaction score
to my surprise, this morning i received the call from cfrc and i was told that i got the job offer for ceotp pilot. like a lot of ppl here i was also expecting a call after april. I don t even know which board selected me or when was it , i was just happy. I have been waiting for over a year now, and finally I got in, well the first step at least. I can t tell you how excited I am.

I just wanted to thank all the guys here, that provided me with advice and information, I really appreciate that.

hopefully this is the beginning of my long and adventureous  journey with the Forces. Man, am I excited :))))

they said i'll be sworn in end of march and packaged and shipped to St.jean on 14th of april to start in Apr.16th (anyone else
also attending?)

also they said that i'll be commissioned as a second lt. after basic, i thought i d be officer cdt. So does this mean higher pay?

Anyways thanks again guys ....

(i'm still afraid of the april fools ;) )

Best wishes.
You're joining at a very good time ... lots of new toys will soon be available to you.

Congrats, enjoy the new journey you're about to embark on.  My husband retired after 20 years of flying for the Army/Navy and the AirForce of course and we miss the great people and the sense of family the Military provided. 

Good luck!  Like Globe says, things will be awesome when you get to an operational unit!

G2G

Good for you man.....

im thinking i should have applied to ceotp in addition to rotp.......just i was under the impression the entry plan was closed.......

now i just gotta hope the  board picks me up for rotp.....

congrats.

zorro said:
Good for you man.....

im thinking i should have applied to ceotp in addition to rotp.......just i was under the impression the entry plan was closed.......

now i just gotta hope the  board picks me up for rotp.....

congrats.

I think (correct me someone if I'm wrong) it's actually easier to be offered Pilot ROTP than it is for CEOTP....

Max

Barracuda13 said:
to my surprise, this morning i received the call from cfrc and i was told that i got the job offer for ceotp pilot. like a lot of ppl here i was also expecting a call after april. I don t even know which board selected me or when was it , i was just happy. I have been waiting for over a year now, and finally I got in, well the first step at least. I can t tell you how excited I am.

I just wanted to thank all the guys here, that provided me with advice and information, I really appreciate that.

hopefully this is the beginning of my long and adventureous  journey with the Forces. Man, am I excited :))))

they said i'll be sworn in end of march and packaged and shipped to St.jean on 14th of april to start in Apr.16th (anyone else
also attending?)

also they said that i'll be commissioned as a second lt. after basic, i thought i d be officer cdt. So does this mean higher pay?

Anyways thanks again guys ....

(i'm still afraid of the april fools ;) )

Congrats and good luck!!!

Max

I am finding it hard, trying to figure out how so many are hoping to become officers in the CF, when they have such serious problems communicating.  Poor grammar, terrible punctuation, lack of capitals, atrocious spelling, and lackluster research into what lies ahead of them; seem like poor qualifications for officer material to me.  I suppose, this is a forum where many can brush up on those things and do some "professional development" on their road through life.

George Wallace said:
I am finding it hard, trying to figure out how so many are hoping to become officers in the CF, when they have such serious problems communicating.  Poor grammar, terrible punctuation, lack of capitals, atrocious spelling, and lackluster research into what lies ahead of them; seem like poor qualifications for officer material to me.  I suppose, this is a forum where many can brush up on those things and do some "professional development" on their road through life.

Me too, George.  I suspect it is a result of the "MSM" shorthand culture prevalent out there (I recently heard a report on the radio about some High School, somewhere in Canada or the States (I wasn't paying much attention until the subject of the report became clear) which is now accepting essays in "MSM Speak", as it is deemed more important for the students to be able to express and develop their ideas than to spell, punctuate, or use precise grammar.  Kind of reminds me of the Math classes in which getting the correct answer is NOT important - it's the PROCESS that counts!!  :eek:)

No matter - they'll join the CF and some Sr NCO will learn 'em!!  ;)

By the way Barracuda - congratulations and good luck to you.

Roy

Edit:  Grammar  :-[

Congratulations on your offer.  There are many steps ahead of you at this time.  My advice to you is to take each one step by step.

Let us know when you are done BOTC and looking for a good OJT - we can hook you up.

George Wallace said:
You mean like your spelling error George...so nice to see all the kindness and welcoming spirit here on army again.

HL

My advice to you for OJT :  402 Sqn in Winnipeg.  If you work hard for them, they will take an extreme care of you.  An excellent team of people to work with and they will need an OJT very soon!

George:  For most of us, the way we write on the Net is very different than the way we write official correspondence.  I make efforts here because it pisses people off but I don't usually write good grammar on the net...  I don't see what's wrong with that...

Max

hi barracuda.

Congrats.

i also got the call from CFRC and have been waiting just over a year for my call.  I am to report to St jean on the 18th of march to start BOTC.  So I'll see you when you arrive on ground. 

Good luck and we are sure to meet in the along the way.

Hey Barracuda and Flaps.
I've been called too. Supposed to start in mid-April. I've applied with CEOTP. I'm wondering how many people have been selected since the beginning of the new year???
AWe should meet up when in St-Jean.
Congrats to both of you and hope to see you later!!

Back