• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gourmet Questions

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Gourmet Questions

I'm travelling back and forth a lot these days, and in trying to watch my "girlish" figure  ;D I am wondering of ways to stay away from Microwave meals.  What are some suggestions for quick, HEALTHY meals that one can fix for themselves on a budget?  Quick ideas for a meal for one for Lunch?  Supper?

GW

I have the same problem because i live alone and making a whole meal is a pain in the arse. I find if you buy a bag of pre mixed salad you can throw something together quite quick. Just defrost a chicken breast, cook it in some olive oil or something, add some spice, throw it on the pre mixed salad and if you want add some tomatos or something. You can top it off with a lower fat, calorie whatever dressing and   you have yourself a meal, that is healthy and tasty(and if you buy the chicken in bulk it will be cost efficent, i know you can get a case of chicken breast for like 25 dollars and it will last atleast a month). I also find that making up healthy meals in advance and freezing them is a good idea. Maybe sunday night make 4 or 5 meals and you will have them to either take with you or to heat up at home.

I find the healthiest lunch is always leftovers from what you had the night before.

It's always a lot healthier than anyting you can buy around work for lunch.

I agree, the leftovers for lunch work fantastic.  When I was single on the weekends or my days off I would make something big, like a huge pot of chili, or lasagna (when I was feeling energetic) or beef stew and freeze it in small containers.  Then for the days I'm running late I just chuck it in my bag and by the time lunch rolls around its partially defrosted and ready for the microwave.  Or its good for nights I don't feel like cooking either, I just check out whats in the freezer for dinner.

DME

For breakfast you can quickly cut up some fruit, mayeb some apples, oranges and some bananas, maybe throw in a grape or two , add some orange juice and you have fruit cocktail. It's healthy and not all that hard to make. hehe >:D

I like cup noodles... not because they are good but because they are easy to make   ;)

Seriously tho, "real" pastas arent too hard to make.

Back