• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gunner Jonathan Dion - 5th Regiment d'Artillerie legere du Canada - 30 Dec. 2007

Dog Walker

Inactive
Reaction score
A report from CTV.

RIP

Canadian soldier killed on patrol in Afghanistan
Updated Sun. Dec. 30 2007 11:05 AM ET
CTV.ca News Staff
An explosion has killed a Canadian soldier out on routine patrol in southern Afghanistan's Kandahar province.
Four others were wounded in the blast, which occurred about 9:10 a.m. local time on Sunday.
The dead soldier has been identified as Gunner Jonathan Dion of the 5th Regiment d'Artillerie legere du Canada, which is based in Valcartier, Que.
"The soldiers were carrying out a routine vehicle mounted patrol when the vehicle they were travelling in was hit by an explosion," said an ISAF news release issued Sunday.
"They were immediately evacuated for medical care, sadly, one died of wounds inflicted by the explosion."
"Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the soldier who was killed and those who were injured," Wing Commander Antony McCord, Regional Command South spokesperson, said in the news release.

Canada has 2,500 soldiers operating in southern Afghanistan as part of the NATO mission.
Dion's is the 74th Canadian soldier to die since 2002. A Canadian diplomat has also been killed.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20071230/afghan_death_071230/20071230?hub=TopStories

RIP Soldier, you have done your duty well  :salute: :cdn:

Condolences to the family, it's always tough to hear of another Canadian losing their lives over there, but I cannot imagine how the family's feel. :(

RIP soldier.  :salute:

The rest of the boys are waiting for you on the other side.    :cdn:

Rest now Gunner Dion, we'll take the load from here

My condolences to the Family, friends & comrades who share in the loss

At the going down of the sun
And in the morn,

We will remember them!

CHIMO!

:salute:

Stand Easy lad your work is done.
A hard time for all I'm sure. My families thoughts and prayers are with the families of the fallen and injured.

RIP to the fallen.  Condolences to those left behind.

:cdn:

RIP

Sunil Ram is spouting off. Anything for a sound bite.

Regards

Back