• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Halifax Rifles (RCAC)

Tank Troll

Inactive
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know it has been almost a year since we stood up and will be celebrating our 150th anniversary on the weekend of 14th -16th of May We currently have grown beyond first years expectation and location. We still don't have a CFOO yet. We have 1 G- wagon, not a C&R, but a regular one, no stores, and no clerk yet. We do have a class room to start teaching things like AFV rec (big stumbling block on DP1) some map skills and Regimental History. We have sent most of our soldiers on BMQ and are getting ready to do BMQ (L)  and DP1  We have a couple of young Ocdts, a couple of Old Sgts, a PO2 and a Cpl.

It was intresting looking at the old forum reference the stand and all the speculation as to what roll they we would assume. (I was just lurking back then)

Specail thanks to 33 Svc BN for hosting us, and PEIR for letting us fill postions on Exercise with them.

It's been a busy year and looks like no let up in the future.

Cede Nullis

Hey -- just noticed your post now. I'm currently applying for ROTP -- waiting to hear back from the second selection board, but was advised by my file manager to "be prepared for a no" since I did not make the first round of selection because of a medical fetch-up that has been sorted. Halifax Rifles is what I will be going for if ROTP does not pan out. Do you know if there are vacancies for Officers at all at this point, and what your Unit is expecting as far as training goes in the summer and fall of this year? I'm entering my third year of University in September.

Also, since you are the only local Armoured unit, do you know if it would be possible for me to parade with you if I were accepted to ROTP to get my feet wet a bit after I do my Indoctrination Period at St. Jean? I'm really gung-ho about the Armoured trade, and if I am selected for ROTP I will be leaving my job (just paranoid I might get hurt on the job and lose my contract due to the nature of the work) and will be looking for anything I could do during the school year to learn and prepare for what is to come in the future.

Congratulations on your success so far. Cheers.

Tank Troll said:
Just to let everyone know it has been almost a year since we stood up and will be celebrating our 150th anniversary on the weekend of 14th -16th of May We currently have grown beyond first years expectation and location. We still don't have a CFOO yet. We have 1 G- wagon, not a C&R, but a regular one, no stores, and no clerk yet. We do have a class room to start teaching things like AFV rec (big stumbling block on DP1) some map skills and Regimental History. We have sent most of our soldiers on BMQ and are getting ready to do BMQ (L)  and DP1  We have a couple of young Ocdts, a couple of Old Sgts, a PO2 and a Cpl.

It was intresting looking at the old forum reference the stand and all the speculation as to what roll they we would assume. (I was just lurking back then)

Specail thanks to 33 Svc BN for hosting us, and PEIR for letting us fill postions on Exercise with them.

It's been a busy year and looks like no let up in the future.

Cede Nullis

Tank Troll.  Thanks for the up-date.  Please let us know how things are progressing, and welcome back to the Corps.

Back