• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
The big difference here is that was one single protest that was allowed to stew and fester. What we have now is a whole lot of short term protests. If Trudeau stood up and said "leave" they'd be like "yea dude, we were already planning on being home for iftar, relax".

If the authorities can identify some kind of centralized and organized group of people who are organizing and coordinating both these protests and pro-Hamas fundraising, then absolutely let's freeze their banks accounts.
I really wonder what color the sky is in your world.

So why didnt the Ottawa PD or OPP arrest and move out the freedom convoy weeks before the emergencies act was used?
Not OPP’s jurisdiction. OPS, and indeed the residents of Ottawa, suffered a command failure in their police force. All of the necessary legal authorities to arrest and forcibly remove the convoy participants existed from day one.

Not OPP’s jurisdiction. OPS, and indeed the residents of Ottawa, suffered a command failure in their police force. All of the necessary legal authorities to arrest and forcibly remove the convoy participants existed from day one.
The OPP could have interdicted then on the way to Ottawa. That way they wouldn’t have reached a critical mass in Ottawa.

I agree with Warren. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Sorry partisans.

Same.

These protesters that are blocking traffic and free movement need to be dealt with.

Anyone who supported the convoy actions needs to be very quiet now on this. Anyone who thinks these current protesters should be left alone while they condemned the convoy actions needs to also be very quiet on this.

Hypocrites.

Same.

These protesters that are blocking traffic and free movement need to be dealt with.

Anyone who supported the convoy actions needs to be very quiet now on this. Anyone who thinks these current protesters should be left alone while they condemned the convoy actions needs to also be very quiet on this.

Hypocrites.
That what I find so hilarious about this. All those chants twitter of "oh huh huh are you going to freeze their banks a out now?" as if in the case of the convoy protest bank accounts were frozen on day 1, and the only reason these protestors haven't had their bank accounts frozen yet is because the liberals support their cause. If the Opp and/or tps don't do their job and this gets to a point where the feds need to step in and there is a cooridante financial aspect to the protest, then yes!

I really wonder what color the sky is in your world.

I really want to know what part of my post you find so incredulous. Do you support freezing the bank accout of every protestors who disrupts traffic?

Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around the table looking victorious.
Why you gotta do me like that bruh? I was even speaking highly of you earlier!

Also my liberal supporting friends would chuckle at you calling me a liberal.

You should read what Kinsella wrote. Pretty sure he’s talking to you.
Read Kinsella's note a couple of times so starting from there: He called for the Emergencies Act for the truckers and he is stating that it should apply now. Bull. There was no need for the act to be applied at all, the same as there is no need for it now. We do however need, deserve, should be able to rely upon our police services to enforce the existing laws when they are being broken. Playing tapes back after the fact and evaluating the actions in hindsight doesn't cut it because it doesn't protect those that are being threatened at all. The courts have emasculated the police by making the job of enforcing the law almost impossible: they are damned either way. When Trudeau introduced the Emergencies Act he took the handcuffs off the police. They were free to act with the assurance that any legal actions would be taken against parliament and not the police. That was the benefit of the actions and it is the backing that our police need now But it shouldn't require an act of parliament before it is applied. IMHO

You should read what Kinsella wrote. Pretty sure he’s talking to you.

Open support of terrorism and waving a flag of a fictitious place, welcome to Canada's cities. I don't live in these places, nor will I ever want to live in these places, one of the reasons why jew hating mobs like these infecting the streets.

Arguing with liberals is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around the table looking victorious.
Interestingly, there is the exact same quote but replacing “liberals” with “conservatives”, especially in the US recently. Almost like both sides use the same glib remarks and replace the subject with the “other side”.

Canada is a joke.
That article may have a point, if those short-term protests were only (or mostly) happening in Canada. But, they’re happening all over western countries.

I highly doubt anyone would suggest that the United States of America lacks “nationalism”.

Open support of terrorism and waving a flag of a fictitious place, welcome to Canada's cities. I don't live in these places, nor will I ever want to live in these places, one of the reasons why jew hating mobs like these infecting the streets.
The State of Palestine may not have lasted for long (1947 until the establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948) but it is hardly a “fictitious” place.

Also, that’s a bit hyperbolic - there are short term protests about every single issue every weekend in Ottawa, to the point that they aren’t even reported on. My Jewish friends in various cities in Canada aren’t exactly hiding in fear of their lives due to “Jew-hating mobs infecting the streets”. I think your bias against cities (which is fine) is showing.

I think the police are just being strategic. The FreePalestine group is 1000 times more likely to become violent than the trucker protest and everyone knows it.

No audio assaults on citizens, no fireworks being set off in the downtown core...
Sure but imagine the difference between burning a bible* in the middle of the Trucker protest, and burning a Qu'ran in the middle of a FreePalestine protest. Which one would you come out of alive?

[or substitute with a copy of Car and Driver signed by Jeremy Clarkson]

Back