• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Handgun Ban..Need Help Rejecting it.

Old Ranger

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
As most of you probably heard, Toronto Mayor Miller has taken a stand on banning handguns.

Instead of working on a solution to fix the problem, he is attacking law abiding citizens that would cost an estimated $2 billion to implement and drive our violent crime rates up to possibly 300% as "documented" in the UK, Washington D.C., Jamaica and Australia. There is already a ban of handguns from criminal possesion since 1934. Mr. Miller has created a dictatorship within the Toronto Council and misleads the facts of firearms to his agenda.

The following is the first 4 pages of a proposed resolution to Reject this new ban that I have hand delivered to The County of Simcoe, The City of Barrie, and the Town of Innisfil. I further attached articles from the CSSA web site http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/ for reference. If you would like a copy to submitt to your Council office please PM me with an email address. It is in Word format, the CSSA articles are in pdf format that I am unable to attach. This can be modified to your area and Province and would help support our Federal Governments statement that they would not support a ban.
There is also an on-line anti-ban petitionhttp://www.FirearmSource.ca/petition/

Thank you,

Ben :salute:

April 7, 2008

To Members of Council,

Please review the attached information and proposed resolution to adopt.

My proposed resolution opposes the new call for a handgun ban resolution by the City of Toronto and as well as the Township of Galway-Cavendish and Harvey.

My concerns are the financial impact of $2 billion dollars to the taxpayers of Canada and the concern of increased violence within our communities as seen in the U.K. and Washington D.C.

There is already a handgun ban from criminal possession since 1934.

Page two is the proposed resolution rejecting the new ban.

Page three is the attachment summary.

Thank you for your consideration,

XXXX
XXXX
XXXX

Proposed Resolution
Opposing the Punishment
Of Law Abiding,
Tax paying,
Citizens of Canada.

April 7, 2008

Proposed Resolution opposing the punishment of law abiding, tax paying citizens of Canada.

WHEREAS handguns do not have the sole purpose of killing people;

AND WHEREAS many lives are saved with the presence of handguns;

AND WHEREAS there is enough legislation for the regulations of acquisition, ownership, safe storage, transportation and use of handguns;

AND WHEREAS handguns have already been banned from criminal possession since 1934;

AND WHEREAS law abiding citizens and businesses should not be penalized for the actions of criminals;

AND WHEREAS this elected Council does not condone wasting an estimated $ 2 Billion that a handgun ban would cost Canadian tax payers;

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the County of Simcoe REJECT the proposed new ban of handguns from the Township of Galway-Cavendish & Harvey and from the City of Toronto;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this resolution be forwarded to Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Premier Dalton McGuinty, Minister Stockwell Day, and to all Municipalities in the Province of Ontario for consideration and endorsement.

Attachment Summary:

Two handgun ban proposals,

Quick Facts list of key points for consideration,

Steps required for legally obtaining, transporting and storing a handgun,

Open letter from Olympic competitor,

Article: “Gun bans do not – and cannot- take contraband, unregistered firearms out of the hands of violent criminals. Anyone claiming otherwise is ideologically blind, indulging in politically cynical demagoguery, or deceived by ignorant, hysterical superstition and propaganda.”

Article:” The most recent tragic deaths in Vancouver and Toronto represent the product of shortcomings in crime control, not gun control. Our political leaders should have the good sense to respond accordingly, and avoid the temptation of knee-jerk populism.”

Article. From the 23 pages of what Police have to say about the Gun Registry.
“We have an ongoing gun crisis including firearms-related homicides lately in Toronto, and a law registering firearms has neither deterred these crimes nor helped us solve any of them. None of the guns we know to have been used were registered, although we believe that more than half of them were smuggled into Canada from the United States. The firearms registry is long on philosophy and short on practical results considering the money could be more effectively used for security against terrorism as well as a host of other public safety initiatives.” JULIAN FANTINO when he was The Toronto Chief of Police.

Thank you for your consideration,

XXXX

Edited to put a "d" in hangun. ;)
Milnet.ca Staff

First your asking a Liberal politician would act on any concern of Joe public?
Unless he get something to benefit him or his party?
He dodging the bullet because he does not to have his butt mark with a target by the gangs. :eek:
Joe Public would have to vote him out of office first:"before his kind did anything.":crybaby: :boring:
Come to Winnipeg and we have the same problem?
Too many NDP and Liberal MPs and legal beagles making money off of Joe Public purse strings.
DEACTIVATE Sten guns being refitted going for $1000 dollars for gang bangers to shoot at any one.

desertfox115 said:
DEACTIVATE Sten guns being refitted going for $1000 dollars for gang bangers to shoot at any one.

Dear mr DF115,

Thankyou for your post.

Deactivated weapons being refiited? Was this a one off event, or is this a frequency in today's 'Peg?

Could you please Sir,  provide a link to deactivated STENs being used in crime to back up your claim.

Most 'dewats' I have seen (and I am no stranger to the STEN  - owned a registered one for many years, and I am an armourer by trade) , one would have to be a master machinist with access to a laythe, etc. No doubt to have experience in small arms too. As parts would also have to be obtained (gun shows etc), plus knowledge of how the weapons functions, and what each part actually does. The STEN is basic, but it is a machine, and not as simple as many think.

Nostalgia and the STEN urban myth: That bit about dropping it thru a window, and having the mag dumped in one long burst is a load of BS. One shot maybe, if the bolt safety was not engaged with the working parts forward.

With a loaded magazine, if the bolt safey is engaged, or if the weapon is loaded and the working parts to the rear, and on safe, it aint going happen, hell even if it is on R or A, its unlikely.

Could you please Sir, enlighten us what Unit 'SSLI' is on your profile, as I could not find anything valid on Google.

Thankyou for your time.

Happy days,

OWDU

Note: Anyone doing such alterations to deactivated firearms should be charged without question.

I did my part, sent the email to T.O. City Council from www.torontothebad.com

AND

Bought a new handgun from CanadaAmmo.com! The new Norc 1911A1 two-toned... at that price I couldn't resist picking up a .45 any longer. Ever since I got some trigger time on Infidel-6's .45 I knew I needed one  ;D

EAT THAT MILLER!  >:D

Wes, there exists a "South Saskatchewan Regiment" maybe SSLI is another version of it?  South Sask Light Infantry?

COBRA-6 said:
I did my part, sent the email to T.O. City Council from www.torontothebad.com

AND

Bought a new handgun from CanadaAmmo.com! The new Norc 1911A1 two-toned... at that price I couldn't resist picking up a .45 any longer. Ever since I got some trigger time on Infidel-6's .45 I knew I needed one  ;D

EAT THAT MILLER!  >:D

Sweet!

So to update, they haven't passed the resolution. They do however have the facts not to support miller.

desertfox115 said:
First your asking a Liberal politician would act on any concern of Joe public?
Unless he get something to benefit him or his party?

Informing any resonable politician of the facts makes a difference.

Letting them know that by supporting miller, he/she would need to justify to their voters 2 Billion in wasted spending, and an increase in crime. Not good come election time...

The article was big news of Sten guns and Bren Guns being refitted in Selkirk Manitoba about 18months ago. They were being shipped to Vancouver by criminal organization to the USA. 
They had a person who knew how to activate them. The person son was caught involved with the activity.
SSLI  South Saskatchewan Light Infantry.
Even recently two Sten Guns were pickup in a house in Winnipeg by the Police Dept.
RCMP;Winnipeg Police Service and other police agency's in the USA were involved in this incident.
It was in all the Major newspapers.
Going rate for reactive Sten Gun $1000.00.

SSLI? Not an active Reserve unit, you know that right? There's two Infantry regiments in SK, the Royal Regina Rifles and the N Sask R.

"Richards, who worked as team leader, said some of the seized submachine guns had been decommissioned by Canada's military in the 1970s and sold for scrap metal. It appears they were bought, reassembled and gunsmithed back to working order."

From here

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=8a410e4a-198b-44cc-9634-4082c6b86f3d

Not so far fetched after all.  If you read the entire article it also says that we have changed the way we de-activate surplus weapons (they're crushed now aren't they?)

Back