• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Hallowe'en!

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Have a good day all, enjoy some treats, beware of the tricks, and remember to stay safe and watch out for the kids tonight!

katehall2001a00.sm.jpg

AH!  Yesssss!  Tonight we shall have to watch out for all those Spectre Gunships as they fly about in the darkness, bringing comfort to all they boys outside the wire. 

Anyone else dress up today - we have a contest here at work...

af31re2.jpg

bc78re2.jpg

Renaissance Vampiress... lol

No costumes here on course, but we are all hyped on sugar from the candy being passed around!

Oh, btw, in case people didn't notice...in my first post, the orange words are some links for you.  Enjoy.  :D

navymich said:
...in my first post, the orange words are some links for you.  Enjoy.  :D

I think we have different concepts of "tricks" and "treats"  >:D

My daughter has been getting ready for this for weeks, she loves it. 10 is a pretty fun age  :D

On the other hand, it can be kind of depressing down here in south Florida where so many people don't participate for cultural/religious reasons. Turn off your outside light so kids don't think you're giving out candy!!!  >:(

Journeyman said:
I think we have different concepts of "tricks" and "treats"   >:D

On the New Rules segment of Real Time with Bill Maher Friday night he said women must admit that Hallowe'en is just an excuse to dress up like a whore. "If I've got a steady stream of half-dressed tarts showing up at my door all night, how will I know when my date arrives?" Very funny stuff....

Hallowe'en was always a big thing with myself and my son.  It will be hard this year, as I am still in St Jean. I have sent him candy and will call him tonight before he goes out with friends and neighbours.

On one hand, my neighbourhood is awesome for Hallowe'en, as it is in the Q's and the MP's are constantly patrolling in cars and on foot.  But on the other hand, because so many know how safe it is, there are kids that are bussed, yes I said bussed, in.  You can see the buses park and the kids pile out to come to the safe neighbourhood.  Needless to say, you go through alot of candy!

George Wallace said:
But do they send out their kids to collect?

Actually the neighbours kid has tagged along with my daughter a couple of times and they never give out candy.

Well, in the true spirit of hallowe'en, I tend to give the accompanying parents a shot of Bailey's too - - hot toddies if it's a cold year. ;)

Hey, Journeyman,
where is ours Bailey's :) ?

Oh well, here a treat from me, too.
it's a french site that I really like for all the visual struff :)

http://www.chezmaya.com/

Édit: House gets haunted for Halloween

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/north_east/6098236.stm

And thanks for the thread, Navymich...

I saw on the news that people were starting to hand out more health-conscious treats such as cheesestrings and fruit. Also, instead of candy they give them little things of play-dough or colouring books. All I can say is I'm very glad the halloweens I participated in my youth kept me up for weeks straight twitchin' and talkingsuperfastbecauseijustateaboutthreepoundsofcandy.

Did anybody always find the previous years candy before you went out for the current year? That was always interesting. 'If it's still wrapped, it's still good!"

I have 3 paper bags of last year's candy that I intend to throw out (to my kid's dismay) before they go out tonight!

WOOOOO!!!! Free candy tonight  ;D Im going to be an alien. I'll try an get some pics later on.

We have been giving out juice boxes - the real fruit ones - for several years now, and they are well received by both the kids and thier parents. Mind you, the kids are in such a good mood, they don't seem to mind it when I take aim and drop a box on one of their bags of chips.

Halloween was never the same after watching my kids trick or treating while patrols drove around constantly watching that Polar Bears didn't decide to have a treat too!!.  :)

Polar bears - big, fluffy and white...Bunnies - small, fluffy and white.....do I see a trend with you GAP??  ::)

navymich said:
Polar bears - big, fluffy and white...Bunnies - small, fluffy and white.....do I see a trend with you GAP??  ::)

In Theory...both are cute and cuddly...however, one has a tendency to chew on feet/hands/bodies. Damn Rabbits!!!

edited to add: I think I will switch to rodents....I enjoy killing them.. 

Back