• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

has anyone been denied because.............

Tracy

Inactive
Reaction score
I got a call from the recruiter today and said my application was denied because I wasn't on no sports teams.  I have played soccer all my life and once you turn 18 or 19 you no longer can really play on a team unless you live in a big city, which I don't.  Right know I train in kickboxing and boxing 3 times a week and tai chi( slow I know but hard believe it or not) when ever I can because beside raising a family  I volunteer at the gym also.  The recruiter said he is going to have my file looked over again tomorrow.  I was just wondering if people have been denied because they weren't on a sports team?  ??? ??? ???

Tracy

That is one of the oddest reasons why I've heard someone be denied.

I am applying for the air force ac op.  I also forgot to metion that a reason why I wanted to join the CF (not the top number of reasons) was so I can play sports!!!!!!!  I knew I was going to be put through a lot of crap during the recruting process but not this..

I am applying for the air force ac op.  I also forgot to metion that a reason why I wanted to join the CF (not the top number of reasons) was so I can play sports!!!!!!!  I knew I was going to be put through a lot of crap during the recruiting process but not this..

Seen. When I first read it I thought she was talking about airborne electronic sensor operator (AESOp). I guess you don't pronounce it the same way.

Cheers

I don't understand how your application can be denied, as long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can't be denied an application.  I have been a recruiter for four years and have never heard of someone being denied an application for not enough sports.  There must be more to this.

I've never played on any sort of sports teams, I got in no problem.

I have not heard from anyone that this was a problem. I have a friend who went in reserve, and the only things he was involved in was drama at school.

But it can't hurt, this same friend got RTUed on his basic this summer because of a pulled groin, ouch, I imagine this could have been avoided if he had (and please don't take another meaning) exercised it more.

Back