• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

has anyone done the 4 week battle school for reserves in Wainwright?

Righty

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
just wondering cause thats where i will be going this summer. if you have done it before please tell me your expeirences.

I‘m going this summer too!

I hear Wainwright is the worst training area in Canada though :eek:

No, no one here has done battleschool in Wainwright; you will be the first one.

Worst in what way? Its big and it has lots of space for exercises and lots of ranges. What more do you need? I actually liked Wainwright, at the time I was there it had the best mess hall I‘ve ever eaten at.

In terms of training area, Wainwright isn‘t actually that bad. I agree w/ brin11, the mess hall is alright. For field ex‘s, the terrain is generally flat. The only piss off is the crappy town and mr safety bear.

Wainwright is a lovely establishment. It has seen alot of improvements since the late ‘90s. The only problem is that you will always be picking sand out of the most unlikely places for years to come.

The only piss off is the crappy town and mr safety bear.
And the bison guarding the gate! Yes, the town is not up to standards for sure.

I remember the Honey Pot very well. What was the name of the other bar, the skin bar in town??

ahahah!!! Does Wainwright have a web site or do you know of any websites that have pictures of the base?

Originally posted by venero:
[qb] ahahah!!! Does Wainwright have a web site or do you know of any websites that have pictures of the base? [/qb]
Go to google,type Wainwright in the Canada side and voila!
Aint the 21st centuary great? ;)

The food there is great. I don‘t know what else to say. it‘s hot during the day, and cold at night. digging trenches is easy because the ground is mostly sand. on BIQ we did a day of water crossings. that was fun. it‘s was basically a day of swimming in a pond. that was my favourite day.

We‘re not allowed in Wuzzy‘s. JD‘s and Mojos were the 2 most popular this past summer. And of course Tony‘s for something to eat.

Question
Anyone hear that thinks Wainwright is the worst Trg. Area in Canada has?

a. Never enjoyed the amusing oxymoron of the Dimounted "Dry" Training Area.

b. Never tried to recce the church in Hibernia

c. Never been on a fighting patrol in Inniskillin

d. Never fallen into a 6 ft deep tank rut in the Lawfield Corridor

e. All of the above

I never took a course in Wainwright, but on my first field exercise there, October 3-5, 2002, i was sleeping on the ground in my bivvy, and i woke up with snow on my face. My next field exercise in Wainwright was cancelled because the air temperature was -43 degrees, plus windchill

so...perhaps weather is why kirkpatrick thinks waiwright is so bad, but since you‘re going there in the summer, it shouldn‘t snow as much (lol)

kosstro,
They made my man go out to the firing range in
-57 weather. He got frostbite through his gloves from holding the rifle. Not the only one. They were outside for maybe 10 minutes, just enough time to shoot of 1 round and run back inside. Most of them didn‘t even aim, just blew the round as quickly as possible. They cancelled the exercise scheduled for the next day. Pretty crazy. Be glad some of you are going in the summer, at least you won‘t freeze your ***** off. :blotto:

There was a night in the field when it was so cold that a lot of seriously thought we were going to die. This krusty old sergeant told us we were not allowed to use our sleeping bags, just ranger blankets. The next morning some other instructors found out, and they all yelled at him.

I personally have no opinion of Wainwright, I just repeat what I hear. :confused:

so...perhaps weather is why kirkpatrick thinks waiwright is so bad, but since you‘re going there in the summer, it shouldn‘t snow as much (lol)
No problem with snow here anyways...right up in the great white north we had some chilly winter exercises. Bit cold out eh? ;)

Wainwright , the ‘ Evil Empire", the thought of a posting there, will make the " Bravest Man" wet himself. When the augmentees, come here ,they are shocked , they have to do base duties , and PT.

So all you " Class A" guys ( Citizen Soldiers), suck in the " Gut" and be a soldier , do time in Wainwright.

Back