• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HCA vs. LogO (Air) - Duties + Postings

SV1911S

Inactive
Reaction score
Background:
14 yrs in
9 yrs Infantry Reservist - Class B
3 yrs in Post-Secondary - ROTP
Currently a TDO.

Never been Posted yet...

Putting in a VOT for HCA + LogO (Air)

Which trade is better in terms of postings/deployments (I know, a broad question, open to opinion).

Currently hoping to move to Edmonton, and stay there as long as possible/return as often as possible.

Second question, which trade would be better for movement up the ranks, and day-to-day duties, HCA or LogO in the Human Resources function.

Any advice from experience appreciated.

Never choose a trade based on a location you're hoping to be posted.

In terms of progression, Log is larger than HCA, and has no mandatory switch to another OCC midway through your career.

Never choose a trade based on a location you're hoping to be posted.

In terms of progression, Log is larger than HCA, and has no mandatory switch to another OCC midway through your career.
Both my wife and I have all our family there... but I understand. As far as I'm aware, TDOs don't have the option, not sure about the other 2 trades.

After speaking and working with other TDO's, the job itself appears very dry/boring (to me). They don't seem to have much room for career growth, further education is typically required, and the postings don't seem to cover where I'd like to go.

Back