• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Health Services Recruiting : NCM / NCO

• Thread starter Thread starter Christopher
  • Start date Start date
I am a life science student at UTSC and i would like to know how to join the 25 medical company or any medic unit in toronto
BTW, i am already in the army reserves. I am a private in 7TOR RCA.

space_sldr said:
I am a life science student at UTSC and i would like to know how to join the 25 medical company or any medic unit in toronto
BTW, i am already in the army reserves. I am a private in 7TOR RCA.

Go to both unit orderly rooms and ask the Chief Clerks about the process for an inter-unit transfer. Then prepare a memo for your chain of command asking for trade reassignment and transfer. This process may require an interview with the PSO to determine your suitability for the new trade.

Michael O'Leary said:
Go to both unit orderly rooms and ask the Chief Clerks about the process for an inter-unit transfer. Then prepare a memo for your chain of command asking for trade reassignment and transfer. This process may require an interview with the PSO to determine your suitability for the new trade.

that's all? so there is no need to go to the recuiting centre...

That's it.  You have already been recruited, this is a trade change.

"We need an engineer"
"I am a medic"

sorry i couldn't resist
hope you get to become one

I'm with 25, I would be cool to see new faces. Good luck with your transfer.

I read through allot of the posts but it still leaves me with a question.
I'm 16, and unfortunately i failed a grade so I'm still making my way through grade 10. I know that i have to complete my grade 10 to be eligible to join the reserves, but i wanted to join as an army medic.
i was wondering what do i need to be able to be a medic. Like, do i need to have certain courses in highschool? or if i get high enough score to have an option to be a medic, would to military take me in and train me themselves right from scratch?

thanks for all your help
Nick

DGI48,  you'll need to concentrate on the sciences to get in as a medic, even in the reserves.  You should be taking grade 11 and 12 biology as a minimum, and chem or physics won't hurt either.

While the CF will give you all the training to be employable as a reserve medical technician, they won't currently provide all the training you'll need if you hope to deploy operationally, except in rare circumstances.  That normally requires that you attend a college and get yourself a Primary Care Paramedic diploma or certificate, and then face a provincial licensing board.

With all your science courses done, and all other entry requirements met, the Reg F may take you and train you "right from scratch."

I hope this helps,

DF

thank you, it helps allot. that was exactly the information i needed. i guess I'll applie for another occupation till i get my high school courses then transfer to a medical tech.

There are so many requirements. It seems like they go back and forth with the medical exam anyways. Also has anyone with a severe learning disability been accepted in the reserves.

Ashley, to what, exactly, are you referring to with

ashleyc said:
There are so many requirements. It seems like they go back and forth with the medical exam anyways.

To paraphrase our resident recruiting guru, the only way to know if you are medically fit to join the CF is to go through the recruiting medical process.  Have you?

With regards to there being so many requirements, yes, there are.

We don't flip burgers, we don't deal with computers, we provide health care, in unstable environments, with lots of other responsibilities.  There are lots of requirements;  that's what comes with lots of responsibility.

DF

Back